M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the local stealer and there where about 40 harleys i the parking lot(they were on a poker run and it was a stop) pulled the 109 right i the middle of them all, went in for a little bit, when i returned to my bike about 20 Harley riders where walking around staring at it, every one was amazed..... i considered it a big complement comming from them

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would say to each its own. Most Harley fans would say that a Sportster is far better than the M109, Gold Wing or a Ducati in every aspect anyway, it`s their "religion", and please, don`t get me wrong, I like Harleys too, but I don`t think I will be "converting " anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I had been lusting after a harley for some time. BUT Whenever I got close to buying I considered all options. In the end I bought the 109.
That being said the Harley mystique is powerful. If I could have bought a new Harley for the same price I paid I may have a harley instead. The 109's power is just fantastic and probably blows a stock Fatboy/Roadking away... BUT that fatboy is probably fast enough for most of us and comes with the name that means so much to so many...
In the end, If I thought I needed help making friends I would have still bought the Harley... as then you are "One of them" in many places. BUT I bought my bike for me and I have plenty of friends...

Plus I am pretty sure its against HOG rules to ride one with a Gleaming white full face helmet like I wear :D :D :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Amen, Brother!!, I`m with you 200% and what`s more ALL my friends ride Harleys, I`m the outcast of the bunch. I just can`t see myself paying so much for just a name or to belong in a group. If you think about it, for the price of the M109 out the door you can only get a measly Sportster 1200 maybe with pipes added that`s it. Personally, I don`t think anyone in their right mind, nameplate aside, could even start to compare these 2. If I ever get rich or pay off my mortgage, I`ll probably consider getting a Harley.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I am looking forward to going to Rolling Thunder. There will be thousands among thousands of Harleys there. I think they will like it so much, that they will let me lead the pack so they can check out the rear of the bike.
:a18:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have had alot of positive feedback from Harley guys. I rode to Leesburg with two of them. They wanted to ride behind me so they could check out that rear tire. Once I got into Leesburg and parked, I was hearing "That's the new 109." There was a little crowd circling my bike as I walked away. I honestly thought that this machine would polarize people like the Vulcan 2000 did. Some loved the looks, some absolutely detested it. So far, everyone I have encountered has been blown away.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had a full dress Harley follow me for a couple of miles last week and pulled up next to me at a stop light. His comment to me was, "Man that things looks like a rocket ship from behind! It looks fast just siting here!"

Nothing but positive comments from everybody.....in person. Funny how the "Pack Mentality" show up on brand specific forums, and I don't just mean this HD one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I rode mine up to the local garage on Thursday night, this group gets together to do NASCAR picks. All the guys loved the 109, but one of them said NASCAR has been doing promotions with the 109. Something about one of the racers promoting it. Anyone hear of this?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I enter every charity raffle where a HD is first prize. I enjoy helping the cause and would enjoy a Harley if they let me win one. My favorites are the blacked out springers and the new bobber. I'd love to have one to play with but I could never justify paying for one.
The mystique, charm, charisma, camaraderie of the fellow hog riders, and the adoring women, are worth something, but not quite enough to justify the price.
Most Harley riders I know are great people though.
Jerbear

·
Registered
192 Posts
Night Rod for me. BTW a Rod with good pipes is real music. You should've heard one in the burnout stall at the Ironhorse Saloon during Bike Week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bollert said:
Night Rod for me. BTW a Rod with good pipes is real music. You should've heard one in the burnout stall at the Ironhorse Saloon during Bike Week.
Check out this burnout at the IronHorse ... Daytona Bike Week 2006.

This is of "Wild Bill" he entered the pit after another rider was "booed" out. (He was booed out because he could not turn the tire, he did burn up his clutch trying :confused:)

http://v-man.org/Gallery/videos

V-MAN

·
Registered
543 Posts
A bunch of my friends have them,I like power and speed and untill the V rod harleys were slow out of the box.My friend begged me to ride my wing,and said it had more power in third than his harley had in first.Wait till I show him this animal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
V-MAN said:
Check out this burnout at the IronHorse ... Daytona Bike Week 2006.

This is of "Wild Bill" he entered the pit after another rider was "booed" out. (He was booed out because he could not turn the tire, he did burn up his clutch trying :confused:)

http://v-man.org/Gallery/videos

V-MAN
That is hilarious, we must be talking about the same guys! The first guy tried to shift, seemed to miss the shift but bike was done. VROD pulls in and just wailed on it. That was on Friday I think. HA

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
sledzep01 said:
If I thought I needed help making friends I would have still bought the Harley... as then you are "One of them" in many places
What's that helmet sticker? 15 grand and 15 miles does not make you a biker?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
rynosback said:
I am looking forward to going to Rolling Thunder. There will be thousands among thousands of Harleys there. I think they will like it so much, that they will let me lead the pack so they can check out the rear of the bike.
:a18:
I will be doing the RFTW ride and attending Rolling Thunder as well. Look for me, I'll be on the little bittie bike with the GREAT BIG tank with wolves on it:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts