M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Yeah this was posted a day or two ago... Pretty dumb move. Hope he walked away from it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The funniest part to me was the guy in the van that said "ohh there gonna beat our asses" guess that is really the reason they did not stop. verry funny

·
Registered
721 Posts
The last time I saw this the sound wouldnt work for me.....

Note two phrases heard in this:
   "Thier gonna beat our a$$es"
   "Lets get the fudge outta here" (actually about three similar phrases)

Oh, and the winner... "I woulda pulled over if there was a spot to pull over" ...I see room on the side right there you JERK!!!
With all the bikes pulled over behind you, everyone coming from behind will slow enough not to hit your precious ride.

LOL !!!  They did nothing wrong (that I could tell), but are still concerned for thier own safety???????

Just makes me wonder what they woulda done if no one else was around, would these same people have stopped to help ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Most of us know how it feels to be behind a cager and on a road with a bunch turns like that. The cagers doing 15 to 20 mph and you want to do 40 to 50, first thought is "Lets get around this cage"...
Unfortunately the rider made a bad move and who knows what happened to him. I think the cager should have pulled over and assist anyway they could.
No matter how long you've been riding, always have to take caution and watch out for #1... Need to take a few more videos such as this and create a blend of "training" videos.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I think the cager should have pulled over and assist anyway they could.
I was thinking about this. At first I agreed with you and thought they should have tried to help. But then I realized these guys really WERE driving like grandma and the Harley guys got impatient and tried to pass because they were pissed off. If they had gotten out to help they probably WOULD HAVE gotten beat up. I can hear it now..."Why the f*** didn't you pull over you idiots, now look what you caused our buddy to do!" Then like in the old Batman show...BAM, POW, ZOWIE!! ::)

·
Registered
289 Posts
If it was me in the cage and was driving slow like that, I would be a bit nervous but would try to help. I figured that I could be able to take the poor guy to the hospital if needed to... If it was my buddy that went down, I wouldn't care who was there to help. Now if the cager ran the guy off the road, then that would be a different story.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can you say "target fixation" I knew you could...that being said. Those buttmunches in the vehicle should be beaten for not offering aid...what if the guy needed to get to a hospital? A classic case of 2 wrongs not making a right...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Trogdor said:
Can you say "target fixation"
That's exactly what it looked like to me... He focused on the side of the road and rode straight to it... He didn't even attempt to lean or turn away from it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Trogdor said:
Those buttmunches in the vehicle should be beaten for not offering aid...what if the guy needed to get to a hospital? A classic case of 2 wrongs not making a right...
The dude on the Harley is a moron. If I was in the car I wouldn't have stopped either. If you want to try and pass me on the outside of a blind corner, its all you buddy. But when you crash and go off the side of a mountain, good luck to ya. Maybe you should have thought about that before you tried to pull a bonehead move. Darwin wins again. One less stupid biker on the road.

Now yes, if no one else is around I would never hesitate to stop. But in a case like that, where there are already 10 other people there, I think I'll be on my way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Guys I have to disagree with a few comments above. First, the stoner's in the VW Van looked like they were driving about 20 MPH. The Parkway speed limit is 45 MPH. They were going 25 MPH UNDER the speed limit. The guys on the Harley came up on them and instead of hitting them in the a$#, he went around and had too much outside momentum to take the next curve.Â

We shouldn't label him as a Harley guy...he's a fellow biker. I read a lot of these forums coments about Harley bikers being jerks...now granted, I'm sure there are some out there, but the same can be said about a M109 biker. I guess it may be different in other locations outside of North Carolina, but my experience with Harley riders has been very pleasant. Bottom line is a fellow biker was down. These guys in the car were wimps. Scared they were going to get their a#$ kicked for going so slow and causing this wreck. There is a law on the books called "leaving the scene of an accident". At the very least they should have offered help. The true morons in this video were not on two wheels but four.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lee come on bro
the guys in the "Minivan or maybe even a RV " were going fast enough..they did stop but there were like 6 other riders there.
"leaving the scene of an accident"Â they did not cause the rider to wreck the RIDER DID !
if you look at this video you can clearly see the that the rider was passing on the outside of a blind corner way to fast on big and heavy bike plus the rider locked up his rear tire causing the bike to kick to the left and thats were his S.O.L

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, maybe so. I just have a problem with them leaving the scene. It shouldn't matter if there were 50 bikers on the scene, if like you said they were in a RV or a big van, they may could have used that to transport this guy to the nearest medical center. I guess the only people that truly know what happened and the events leading up to the accident are the people on the scene. All the rest of us just have to guess and speculate.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hate to say this, but it is called a speed "limit". Unless there are signs posted about minimum speed the car was in the complete right. If the rider was riding too fast to stop than he was outriding his ability and his line of sight. The car is not leaving the scene of an accident that it was involved in. They are just going about there way after witnessing a biker do something stupid.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Plus after further review, I'm 99% sure that video was taken at the Dragon and if so the speed limit is 30 mph and judging by the looks of those bike they were easily going 40+, give or take. I've dirven that road in a truck, and in those turns I didn't go faster than 20mph.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
LeeDowney said:
they were in a RV or a big van, they may could have used that to transport this guy to the nearest medical center.
Let me be the first to say that doing something like that can do more damage than good. Please don't move the person unless their airway is compromised and they cannot breathe. Don't try to remove a helmet unless it's just a half helmet or their airway is compromised. It takes a minimum of two trained people to safely remove a full face helmet while maintaining the c-spine in neutral alignment. If you come on a scene where a rider is hurt, the best thing you can do is keep them still and wait for the ambulance and trained medics to arrive. As for the law of leaving the scene of the accident... that only applies if you are involved, which they were not. There is no law stating you must stop to render aide. There were plenty of bikers there, and if the people in the car/van/RV were not properly trained, then there is absolutely no reason they should have stopped. My feelings would differ if they were the only ones around. At least then they could mark the scene to help the ambulance locate the victim. Heck, how many people actually stop at car wrecks to render aide? I can't tell you how many cars I see drive past a fresh wreck.... slowly of course so they can rubberneck. Ok, I've given my $.02. Anybody got change?

G

·
DFW_Warrior said:
Plus after further review, I'm 99% sure that video was taken at the Dragon and if so the speed limit is 30 mph and judging by the looks of those bike they were easily going 40+, give or take. I've dirven that road in a truck, and in those turns I didn't go faster than 20mph.
Yup. Filmed at Deal's Gap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts