M109 Riders banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just put on the Hard Krome Side Burner and Harleys lose the noise race......

Since I put on the Side Burner, no one will ride on the right side of my bike.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I run both a 9 and an Indian Roadmaster, different bikes for different purposes.
Both are best of breed (IMHO), but don't compare a sports car to a pickup truck.
I wouldn't have taken my 9 on the Route 66 trip (3,600 miles) but the 9 is absolutely the most fun for ripping around town.

Now Harleys... They lost me when the sales rep had to explain that I wasn't buying a bike, I was buying a lifestyle. I just wanted to buy the bike, I have my own lifestyle.
Also, what he was secretly telling you was...your Hardly Davidson motorcycle purchase was a lifestyle that was going to cost you tons of money after the sale, because you would be constantly returning the bike to their facility for repair, after repair, after repair. That in itself is a lifestyle. Of course he couldn't sell you a Hardly as an actual bike, because he knew it was more likely going to become a 700+ pound garage ornament, instead of a motorcycle you could actually go out to your garage, start up successfully on any given day, go out for a ride anywhere you wanted, and make it back home on the same machine you left your house on, without leaving a massive trail of nuts and bolts all over the roadways, while also being stranded on the side of the road. That is also a major characteristic of the "lifestyle" he was trying to sell you.:D:clap2::a18::clap2::D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts