M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to share an incident that happened to me at a light today. I was riding for about an hour today and everyone i passed on a cycle waved or acknowlegded in one way or another except one guy. He pulled up on a sportster and asked what kind of bike it was, so i told him and his reponse was "jap crap" and he proceeded to pull away like a "bat out of hell", so me being pissed off decided to blow past him but first i pulled even with him and proceeded to flip him the bird, then make him a little speck in my rearview. I guess my "jap crap" must be a little quicker than his little toy!!! :D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Most riders Harley guys included give respect to each other in my area. There are only a few that think their Sh*t don't stink. I don't mess with em. I figure they have tunnel vision and just don't see me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
madmike said:
just wanted to share an incident that happened to me at a light today. I was riding for about an hour today and everyone i passed on a cycle waved or acknowlegded in one way or another except one guy. He pulled up on a sportster and asked what kind of bike it was, so i told him and his reponse was "jap crap" and he proceeded to pull away like a "bat out of hell", so me being pissed off decided to blow past him but first i pulled even with him and proceeded to flip him the bird, then make him a little speck in my rearview. I guess my "jap crap" must be a little quicker than his little toy!!! :D :D :D :D
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
someone said something the other day

   "Its a shame that the Japanese company's are the only ones making bikes that the public wants at a price we can afford".

      As American's, yes we need to support the company's that build here - but the American company's have to make a product that the public wants, and most of all something we can afford. I would love to own a chopper or a Dyna wide glide but when you comes down to it dollar for dollar the M109R is a more powerful, smoother, and more affordable bike. Because i choose the M109R does not mean I don't love my country any less. 
   So the next time someone gives you a hard time about what you ride. Tell them its in the Constitution - FREEDOM OF CHOICE - its you right to choose the bike you want to ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
I dont really like the Vrod. I do like the streetrod (one of the contenders) BUT if they really want to try and lure me over to a HD I want one of their retro styled machines with fully current running gear. Good twin brakes up front, good suspension, and an up to date liwuid cooled V-twin with plenty of power. I would pay a small premium 3k? for that especially since the HD faithful would still se me as an "outsider" the first few years because it was water cooled.

Just what I would want. I dont really have anything against air cooled bikes, it's just easier to make power and have them meet emissions with water cooled right?

Of course if Suzuki comes out with a bagger based on the 109 before then it may be too late for HD.

Sledzep
 
G

·
Years ago, when I owned a sports car, sports car owners would wave to each other, as bikers do now. I don't know if that is still the case, but, not all would wave, as not all bikers wave.

What ever their reason for not waving; the majority DO, as they realize we share a common bond.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Have you ever looked at how many parts for the Harleys actually come from the USA? The vtx is made in the usa and has more parts from the here than most Harleys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
yeh my mate just bought himself a part for his Heritage softail the part number is 46304-01 I FIND THIS TAG QUITE AMUSING

SHIFTER LINKAGE COVER ENGRAVED H-D

Fits ' 97 and later softails with stock
shifter linkage. Will not fit FLSTS or models
with dual touring exhausts.

at the bottom of the tag it reads

Harley - Davidson motor company, Milwaukee WI 53201
MADE IN TAIWAN


here is apic for those non believers :joke:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Xhiler8r said:
yeh my mate just bought himself a part for his Heritage softail the part number is 46304-01 I FIND THIS TAG QUITE AMUSING

SHIFTER LINKAGE COVER ENGRAVED H-D

Fits ' 97 and later softails with stock
shifter linkage. Will not fit FLSTS or models
with dual touring exhausts.

at the bottom of the tag it reads

Harley - Davidson motor company, Milwaukee WI 53201
MADE IN TAIWAN


here is apic for those non believers :joke:

Ha Ha Ha..............That's just funny as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
thats true ,my buddy's Harley wouldn't kick over and we traced it to his ignition switch being bad.......he pissed and moaned and went to the shop and picked up a new (over priced) switch and key and proceeded to hype up "how much better it was cause it was a genuine Harley part made in america" then when he went to hook it up to the wires he saw the made in japan stamp on the back and I about crapped my pants laughing at him!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :hot: :hot: :hot: :a20: :2cool: :#1: :beer3:
 
G

·
O.K so whos gonna be the one to go to the v-rod board or H.D board and post this...... :D :D :D :D just kidding,,no need to stir the pot.... :D :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20: ..imagine what the price would be if everything was MADE IN AMERICA? :eek:
 
G

·
vtxoak said:
Have you ever looked at how many parts for the Harleys actually come from the USA? The vtx is made in the usa and has more parts from the here than most Harleys?
That is the reason I bought my VTX. If ever get a chance to do the plant tour it is cool.

If you get a chance to spend any time around a Harley look for ROC stamped in the parts. Taiwan, Republic of China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
If you tell them its made there... they will say, YEAH, but it's to "Harleys USA specs!" Its better!

God bless HD they have done it right for themselves. There are still plenty of people who will only drive a Ford or Chevy etc but those Nascar type loyalties pale in comparison to the Brainwashing HD has done. It's like buying a new car with 4 drum brakes, manual windows and a carb!


But they look good.


Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
I am glad I can resist making jokes about how they are only Screwing the
bike together in America.
By using foreign labor with
Lower cost they can stay away from High Prices
and that is that

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
:evil: Oh dear Lord, I think I busted a gut on that one!!!!!! :evil:

:D ROFLMAO :D
 
1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Top