M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes Harley's gear? I found a nice jacket in a Harley shop locally but don't feel comfortable displaying a big HD logo on a jacket while riding a 109. I don't blame anyone for riding what they choose but don't agree with some of the HD way of doing things and most of the attitudes i have gotten from their riders......

G

·
..... Like gear from everyone else, made in China or at least most of it. newenough.com, check out first gear's honcho style (i think its called that) or what I just ordered, one of the very nicely priced tourmaster leather jackets

G

·
LOL!! I can't hepl but laugh when these HD guys piont at my bike a laugh saying..."Jap Crap!! Would never spend my money on that!!" And they stand there wearing gear, head to toe, and most of the chrome parts on there bikes, are made in China!! WTF??!!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The jacket is nylon anyway, why would you want it?
It won't do crap for you if you go down. It's only purpose is to show off the Harley name and maybe keep you a little warm. ::)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point...I liked the fit but for riding your right won't do much for you in a bad situation.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
BlackCherry said:
The jacket is nylon anyway, why would you want it?
It won't do crap for you if you go down. It's only purpose is to show off the Harley name and maybe keep you a little warm. ::)
+1, I agree with BC, this thing isn't MC riding gear bro.. If you just want that style of jacket the go web shopping and find something that has never had the HD labels added. I did try a search for Compass Jacket however.. and all that came up was chicks jackets and HD jackets..... makes ya wonder 8)

·
Registered
702 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
..... Like gear from everyone else, made in China or at least most of it. newenough.com, check out first gear's honcho style (i think its called that) or what I just ordered, one of the very nicely priced tourmaster leather jackets
+1 for tourmaster gear.

Fits extremely well, has lots of adjustment.

check out the Transition Jacket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts