M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from the dealer this afternoon and I decided to take the interstate.....I'm rolling along at 75 and see a single light in my mirror.....a Harley dresser with a short windshield starts blowing by at 90 to 95......I twist the throttle a bit and come up along side him at 95...he gives a quick look and hammers it down....when he did I cracked her wide open and blew by him....he was getting small in the mirror when I looked down and the needle was on 120 and still climbing.....started backing down and at 95 the Harley pulls alongside again and the dude gives a big nod as I'm taking the exit ramp, "burp"....that was some dinner :) :) :) :).......I had a 02 VTX/C and I never experienced the top end power that the 109 has :) :) :) :) :)......for a cruiser, this thing "cooks".

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, those Harley guys ride fast because it takes so long for them to get up to speed and they don't want to lose their momentum. :D I want to see a 'niner go up against a Warrior. That would be fun. Niner will kill a stock Warrior.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

G

·
I've got a kill story from last night. I got stuck at a light next to a bagger that was all tricked out. He kept revving the motor, not to be obnoxious or anything but to let me know it was a Harley. The light turned green. I feathered the clutch and opened the throttle all the way. The rear began to spin and slide from side to side. I shifted to second hard at red line and the bike stood up and was gone. By the time I shifted into third he was but a speck in my mirror. I know he was left thinking what the hell just happened. I can't imagine another 20 or so horsepower. We were riding along last night on a freshly paved road and I was able to pull in the clutch, rev the motor and begin spinning the rear tire as I moved along in second. I am going to go through tires and clutches at this rate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A H-D dosnt stand a chance against a 109er. A V-Rod owner wanted to trade with me at a rally but couldnt do it just not my style

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yum yum!

Remember guys -- Harleys are like ribs... they taste best when smoked.  :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
forceofnature said:
Good stories! There is a Victory rider here that guns it at every stop light. He just makes me laugh.Â
 The new victories are fast. Most have a stage 1 kits. I think a stage two is now out on the 100 cid engine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A work buddy of mine rode the Victory Hammer and the 109 and says the 109 has alot more punch. He says he likes the style of the victory better. Not sure I agree but everyone has their own opinion.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forceofnature said:
A work buddy of mine rode the Victory Hammer and the 109 and says the 109 has alot more punch. He says he likes the style of the victory better. Not sure I agree but everyone has their own opinion.
Had the opportunity to get a close up look of a Victory Hammer this past week. The bike had a $2500.00 paint job. It was gorgeous. With a 100c.i. motor and six speed I think it would have some moxie. The owner stated that he can't pull the front wheel even with heavy throttle starts??? The bike comes standard with a Dunnie 250/40-R18 so getting traction shouldn't be a problem......the lack of some real torque could be the problem. Given the choice between a HD (hot dog) and Victory, I'd take the Victory....they truly build a nice bike, not like the 109 of course, but still a nice bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts