M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at a BP station to refuel my car, an Aurora since I was low on gas.  Across from me were two Harley's & their riders doing the same to their bikes. I asked them were they were headed and they told me that they arrived here in old STL as their destination! :beer3: :beer2: :clap2:

I asked them about their ride and commented on the very hot weather we are currently having (Heat advisory now & for a few more days).  I asked them if it bothered their bikes and to my surprise, they said yes!  I asked if they had a temp gauge or how they know the hot weather bothered their HD rides. They replied that their oil light will come on, their bikes will start pinging/detonating & begin to shut down!!! They have to pull over till their engines coll down before proceeding. :yikes: :yikes: :realmad: :dontknow:

Wow I'm surprised that they admitted that to me but I bet they would not have been as friendly (Which they were, they just came in from Detroit) had I been on my 109. :bigthumbsup: :D :doorag:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Given that I currently live in South Texas and will soon be relocating to Arizona, Air/Oil cooled bikes were off the list for me very quickly.. Which took all the HD's that interested me off the list except that one that BMW made (V-Rod), as well as all the Victory bikes (which was rather depressing as I think they are sharp bikes). But in the end I do believe the 109 is a better bike than all of them even if its not exactly a "cruiser".. but then, that was part of the reason I liked it so much. :doorag: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Heh.  I got up early this morning to get some riding in before the heat got too bad and stopped in a little town about 50 miles from home to grab a coke.  There were two harley riders at the pumps filling up but they didn't even look at me as I pulled past them to the store, so I parked my 109 at the curb and walked inside.

Got my coke and started back out to the parking lot just in time to see one of them walking away from my bike describing something about it to the other rider who was still at the pumps.  Again, they never looked over at me.

A guy driving a pickup walked over to compliment me on how sharp the 109 looked.

A woman came out, looked over at my bike and smiled big then got on the back of one of the harleys and off they rode, without a glance back.

Bet money if either rider had been alone they would have loved to chat about the 109!!!  :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
DHandyman said:
Given that I currently live in South Texas and will soon be relocating to Arizona, Air/Oil cooled bikes were off the list for me very quickly.. Which took all the HD's that interested me off the list except that one that BMW made (V-Rod), as well as all the Victory bikes (which was rather depressing as I think they are sharp bikes). But in the end I do believe the 109 is a better bike than all of them even if its not exactly a "cruiser".. but then, that was part of the reason I liked it so much. :doorag: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
The V-Rod was designed by Porsche, not BMW. :D

G

·
Some give the thumbs up,some just a weird stare...,,and then some dont bother to even acknowledge me...but thats o.k....I been to the local watering hole ...a few times,,guess who the majority was admiring?HEHEHEHE.... :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
moto said:
here in humble, when i ride some times they'll ride with me or give me a nod, I've never had a snotty deal with any of them.
That's cause everyone's humble in Humble! :D
You're right, I've noticed that quite a few HD guys seem to be a little friendlier to us rice grinders than they were about 7 years ago. Probably because HD riders are a bit more intellectual than they were say 20 years ago. Doctors and lawyers want your business too so they'd better be nice to you. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Well,,,Good thing about harleys is,,,,,,,they are making improvemnets....on the v-rod...240 rear tire,,,5 gallon fuel tank,,,,,,Sound familar? :D :D :D :D :D .... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
traysvega said:
Well,,,Good thing about harleys is,,,,,,,they are making improvemnets....on the v-rod...240 rear tire,,,5 gallon fuel tank,,,,,,Sound familar? :D :D :D :D :D .... :bigthumbsup:
And probably around 22 G's too! :a20:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I park my 109 next to about 10 HD's at work everyday and I still smile all the way into the building when I see the 109 next the HD's. To me the HD's look like Wizzers next to the 109. I have had almost everyone at work compliment the bike with the exception of the HD riders. To be fair one HD rider did comment "pretty F-ing nice bike for a rice burner" the best part was when I told him the bike only cost $12,000 out the door his jaw about dropped to the floor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts