M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike shifted hard from 1st to 2nd gear as long as I owned it. I thought of purchasing the factory pro star and some of the other things reccommended by other owners. This is what I noticed the shifter seemed sloppy on the pivot stud by foot peg. I tightened the stud and now my bike shifts like it's a new trans in it. For those with the problem check tightness on your pivot stud if lose tighten it. Take 5 mins. and it's free.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
you might be on to something. my 08 shifted like crap but the shift star helped. my 07 shifted pretty good from the start. then i installed the shift star and its almost an automatic. this may have been the difference.
just so you know, i bought my 08 new and wrecked it. then i took the insurance money and bought the 07 and modded the hell out of it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard Shifting

It's the pivot stud by the left foot peg. The shift lever pivots at that point. My stud was lose, when I tightened it so shift lever wasn't sloppy alot of the hard shifting went away.
You probably will have to remove one bolt from foot peg bracket and losen the other bolt so you can remove circlip retaininf the shift lever to the stud. Then you will be able to get a 17 or 18mm wrench on the stud to tighten

1 - 4 of 4 Posts