M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the other day over 1 hour and my seat wasn't freindly. Can anyone recommend a good seat for long rides? I hate to buy one and have to return it.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Most people have the Suzuki Gel seats, but you can also have your stock one re-done with memory foam, having it sone custom

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Couldn't hang for an hour on the stock seat? I'm no hard ass, but I think I could sit on the thing with NO seat for an hour. (As long as the battery didn't arc on my zipper.) Try the gel

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just had a guy add a gel pad and built up the back piece for me. It was $115.00 and had it back within 48 hrs. LOVE IT...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The only bad thing about gel is its almost like liquid where it will get extremely hot under the sun, memory foam is by far the best there is when it comes to comfort and staying cool. Pm me for more info.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You could try one of those airhawk seat cushions they are $$$ but a redo or jel is going to cost the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Contact Baldy Latio on the forum! His seats are out of this world! Memory foam over Gel a definate. His seats will speak for themselves, plus he can design it in any fabric or color! His prices are excellent! You won't be dissapointed!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I said "I think I could", I didn't say I'd try it! :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Couldn't hang for an hour on the stock seat? I'm no hard ass, but I think I could sit on the thing with NO seat for an hour. (As long as the battery didn't arc on my zipper.) Try the gel
I challenge that seating arrangement, but you have to be honest about the results since we cant be there. :doorag: :joke: :clap2: :pop::pop::pop::pop:
I was thinking of a pole, :eek: :joke: what were you thinking about?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ultimate Seats has a money back guarantee .. After riding 260 miles today I know how they can afford to do that. Just saying .

I'm still curious about Baldylatino's seats . If they are half as comfortable as they are stylish I'm going to have to have one.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
OK... you're worried about your zipper contacting the battery?:eek:

I question your riding posture... or you have a zipper on the ass of your pants and thats a whole different level of disturbing:eek:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

I question your riding posture... or you have a zipper on the ass of your pants and thats a whole different level of disturbing:eek:
Hey, you ride your way, I'll ride mine

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts

:a20::a20::yikes:

If that were truly the case, i would think he would have Velcro instead of a zipper.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I used to get worn out in about a 150 miles on the stock seat. Got the full cut Gel and a 300+ mile day is now attainable for me. I would Highly reccomend the Suzuki Seat it is one modthey provided that is not overpriced and gives great value for you dollar.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Can someone explain what they mean by full or regular cut gel seats from Suzuki OEM? In perhaps layman's terms...... :)

Thanks
Paul

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Can someone explain what they mean by full or regular cut gel seats from Suzuki OEM? In perhaps layman's terms...... :)

Thanks
Paul
Regular cut are as they sound, regular like the OE seats. the full cut bring you back about 1-1 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ultimate Seats has a money back guarantee .. After riding 260 miles today I know how they can afford to do that. Just saying .

I'm still curious about Baldylatino's seats . If they are half as comfortable as they are stylish I'm going to have to have one.
I went from a stock to a baldy custom with memory foam... my first ride on the new seat ended up being a 6 hr day... when the day was done i was ready to keep going. I have never put in that amount of riding in a day and felt that good after.

Comfort... baldy's seat gets a A+

Style... Baldy gets a A++ (atleast thats what everyone else who looks at my bike says :))

As i have said before... i would recomend baldy's seats to everyone as a first choice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey, you ride your way, I'll ride mine
:a20:

PM Baldy... maybe he can put a large zipper down the middle of the seat for your "convenience" for whatever you want to hide. :joke:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts