M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Very SWEET! I really like that look!! I can't wait to hear a clip of these pipes and see how they perform on the 109!! :doorag:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Only thing to worry about now is the tornadoes, anyone who likes the stock pipes can have my whole setup for free, including all the steel brackets that hold it on, either pick it up here in north GA or cover shipping and they are yours.
To me they are an abomination.

·
Registered
702 Posts
those 2 into 1 look great. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming power/torque comparisons between stock and the aftermarket pipes

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
OMEGA said:
Only thing to worry about now is the tornadoes, anyone who likes the stock pipes can have my whole setup for free, including all the steel brackets that hold it on, either pick it up here in north GA or cover shipping and they are yours.
To me they are an abomination.
Just sent a PM... I am in Marietta so we need to ride together sometime anyway since I have still never seen another 109 on the move!

Sledzep

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
For a stock setup, I think they are the nicest looking and sounding around.

The Harley V-Rod exhaust is more flowing but sounds like crap.

G

·
Wow! I never thought the sideburners would look that good on the 109. Now all I have to do is wait for delivery. If no one minds, can I ask what you have been paying for the burners around the country. I paid $620. for mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a question I have not seen anyone address, and this may just be my ignorance because I am not much
of a motor head. But I thought the purpose of the set valve in the stock exhaust was to improve low end torque. This because the motor is turned for higher rpm output. If that is true does that not equal some compromise on the bottom with aftermarkets? Or in other words I thought the perception was it would be very hard to realize more performance out of aftermarket pipes because of how well tuned the stocks are for this motor. Of course sound is a whole other issue.

Thanks,
Blur, MN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts