M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with these pipes?? The latest release date was for last Thursday and go figure they are still not out, except this time they aren't even giving a new date. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but I can't stand to wait any longer..... :verymad: :verymad:

G

·
Are these dates late yet?

621614 2.5 STREET PROS SUZ M-109R EXHAUST Roadburner RB-01-6050 Est. 2006/06/01
621631 3" STEPPED PROS SUZ M109R EXHAUST Roadburner RB-03-6050 Est. 2006/06/01

Roadburner is part of DG which also makes Hard Krome.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, those dates are almost a month old.. Did Hard Krome just fall off the earth, or did they just forget they have a reputation to keep? ::)

·
Registered
254 Posts
These seem to be the best ones to be coming available. Yea / Nea?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I send then a e-mail about Three week ago and they told me to check again the end of June.

G

·
Last week the company that I had mine orderd from told me they did'nt expect them until sometime in July or August. So I cancelled. Their price was a little high anyway.

oldfart

·
Registered
32 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I'll let you know after I see the dyno numbers Lamont posts, because after the slash down fiasco , I aint trying sh*t out before I hear back from Lamont on how well it fits and works. I don't wanna be jumpin thru my arse trying to rectify a bad design or get the thing replaced because it doesn't have the correct heat shields....etc :bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup: Now that you said it. I Think your right, I am going to wait for more info on the 2in1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have seen picture of the 109 with the Hard Krome 2-1 Sideburner, But does any one has this pipe on his bike ? and wha is the feedback.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
no one has one yet but Lamont will get one and do the testing ,on a known subject ,to give us results that we can mull over and then decide and besides if we don't jump thru our collective asses on these pipes the price might come down a little too, as the have to sit on them awhile! :bigthumbsup:
Thanks for the info. We' ll wait to see the out come of the testing :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be one of the fist people to get this exahust simply because I'm impatient and don't want to wait the extra week or two to get results from this site. But here it is.. the end of the month... and there is still no telling when these pipes will be available!!!! :realmad:

Please tell me there is someone out there with a clue as to when they will be out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I remember when the VTX first came out. We all waited months and months for parts. Today, it seems a little better. More and more companies are jumping on the wagon getting aftermarket parts out there quicker. It sucks waiting but it's worth it in the end!

·
Registered
936 Posts
i don't know what the big deal is about the cobra slash downs, yes they had a problem with the heat shields but i had the wright one in2 weeks, they have a good cross over, they sound good. the only thing is they are longer than shown on the web site. with the fi2000r they perform really well.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
being longer than the picture sounds like a problem to me. i would of been pissed. the length is the reason i didnt buy these. i'll just wait for something shorter that sounds great. whats the rush with all you guys? i want as much testing and tweaking as possible before a pipe hits the market. by the end of the year you'll have so many choices, you'll be asking which one should i buy.

G

·
as i haved wasted my $$$$$ in the past on things that just come out with out any proven dyno #'s or testing as bad as i want a 2 into 2 i will wait.

·
Registered
936 Posts
well i got news for ya, I've owned hard chrome and others and their a piece of shit. i put hard chromes on my vtx and lost power, had too put big city thunder baffles just to gain some torque back. with the fuel processor and the cobras i immediately noticed the difference, now this bike is aggravated and wants some azz, anybody (warrior,vtx,Kawasaki,another109 or a v-rod)doesn't matter. and when Vance and hine come out with pipes unless their big shots I'll keep these. i think these are the best pipes cobra has ever made. here's a picture of the vtx with the hard chromes

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
moto said:
well i got news for ya, I've owned hard chrome and others and their a piece of sheet. i put hard chromes on my vtx and lost power, had too put big city thunder baffles just to gain some torque back. with the fuel processor and the cobras i immediately noticed the difference, now this bike is aggravated and wants some azz, anybody (warrior,vtx,Kawasaki,another109 or a v-rod)doesn't matter. and when Vance and hine come out with pipes unless their big shots I'll keep these. i think these are the best pipes cobra has ever made. here's a picture of the vtx with the hard chromes
I have never seen those for the vtx from HardKrome, I think those are the cobras?

·
Registered
936 Posts
k-2 i can asssure you there hardkromes i bought'm, there on my bike. go to the web site check it out. or are you playing with me or you just really don't know. i new it wouldn't take long before i got a bite on this. talk to anyone who knows pipes and they'l' tell you the 2-1 is nothing but noise absolutely nothing for performance, hell they don't even look good.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
moto said:
k-2 i can asssure you there hardkromes i bought'm, there on my bike. go to the web site check it out. or are you playing with me or you just really don't know. i new it wouldn't take long before i got a bite on this. talk to anyone who knows pipes and they'l' tell you the 2-1 is nothing but noise absolutely nothing for performance, hell they don't even look good.
Just noticed you had a 1300 I have 1800's and had never seen them because they don't make them for the 1800. I have had several versions of hardkromes on my1800's and like them. The sideburner was the best performing according to the dyno but it was a couple hp less than the same bike with vance and hines. The sideburner sounds great while decel or when you need to get the cagers attention next to you.

Hardkrome does seem to have a qualitly control issue and I have decided to wait for vance and hines to come out with something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts