M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2007 model on Saturday and it is incredible. I have owned many motorcycles over the years, but this bike is in a league of its own. I think Suzuki must have improved the shifting on the 2007 model because it shifts very smoothly through all gears. Some have reported difficult shifting between 1st and 2nd on the 2006 model. When I picked up the bike, I looked for the improperly mounted front tire that some of you reported and sure enough, it was on backwards.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
What did those dopes at the dealership say when you immediately told them the front tire was on backwards ? and how long did it take those dummys to fix it ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 06 shifted smooth for the first three days before it began clunking. No just kidding. Congrats and good luck with your new 9. :bigthumbsup: What color is it?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
actually your right. mine shifted well for the first 100 or 2 and then developed some clunking. it since has gotten better with the full synthetic.

G

·
cfairweather said:
Just got my 2007 model on Saturday and it is incredible. I have owned many motorcycles over the years, but this bike is in a league of its own. I think Suzuki must have improved the shifting on the 2007 model because it shifts very smoothly through all gears. Some have reported difficult shifting between 1st and 2nd on the 2006 model. When I picked up the bike, I looked for the improperly mounted front tire that some of you reported and sure enough, it was on backwards.
Nice where did you get it and what color?

I am looking forward to the 07 model to see if it works out for me...

I would love to see a real picture of the red...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a hard decision between the red and the black, but I settled on black. The dealer was embarrassed when I showed him the tire and he fixed it in about a half hour. I got it from the Suzuki dealership in Cheyenne WY.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Granted I have only 50 miles on my 2006, but it shifts smoother than my sportbikes. No clunk at all.

Can you describe the 2007 red? We're all interested in just how red it is...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could describe the red, but I haven't seen one either. This is one reason I settled on the Black. I did see a white one and it looked much better than the picture on the web site; however, I didn't like it as well as the black. The white one sold before it arrived the dealership and I ordered mine when they first appeared on the web.

G

·
Congratulations on the new purchase. You will love the 109, it is a great bike. Enjoy many hours and days of safe and carefree rideing.

oldfart

·
Registered
585 Posts
M109R Fan said:
The Red........ is the same as the Red in the Blk/Rd 06 Busa !

Looks Awsome , ....I think , anyway :bigthumbsup:

Will try n post Sat night , if i can figure out how to get them uploaded ?  :eek:

Im pretty new to the whole computer/digital camera thing ::)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm glad you choose the best and fastest color Cfair. Nothing sharper than black & chrome. Get ready for the compliments. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Spankster said:
:welcome:

Silver is still the fastest color though... :a18:
+1 :bigthumbsup: :welcome:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ok, let's see if I can make this work. I walked into a local dealership and they and the Red 109 front and center. I only had a camera phone to take the photo, but here it is:

It is a slightly deeper red than that looks, but digital cameras have a notoriously hard time capturing reds for some reason.

I won't give away where that dealer is yet, because I just may end up going in and buying it this week!

:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts