M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man I’m sad to be at this point. I’ve had my M109r since 2018. Have only put about 1200 miles on it. Keep trying to find ways to ride but life is like that. I love riding and don’t want to part with it but it’s crossing my mind.
*Put this here because I’ve not started a thread yet, so hello everyone! Haha

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't ride mine nearly as much as I used to. Older age and other things keep getting in the way. But if I only ride it a couple hundred miles a year, I'm still going to keep it. I know if I sold it I would want another just like it in a year or two.

· Registered
913 Posts
I have four motorcycles and I ride them less than I did. However, I can justify having them because liability insurance and registration is not expensive. I find excuses to ride, even if it's five miles to the Post Office or twelve miles to the doctor's office. I have either saddlebags or a motorcycle bag on a carrier, so the bikes are good for going shopping, depending on what I need to buy. Occasionally I'll take an hour long ride in the country. Depending on how much I ride the bike, I change oil and filter every year or two.

· Registered
14 Posts
Man I’m sad to be at this point. I’ve had my M109r since 2018. Have only put about 1200 miles on it. Keep trying to find ways to ride but life is like that. I love riding and don’t want to part with it but it’s crossing my mind.
Hello Nitro99
Don’t even think about getting rid of your mo-chine. Owning an M109 is not about riding; it’s about ownership of a great motorcycle. If you get rid of it, you will die inside every time you see one going down the street.

I had surgery and couldn’t ride for a year; then COVID stole another year (I didn’t have it, but I didn’t want to go out anywhere). So you couldn’t wipe the smile off my face when I went out for my first ride after two years.

Dude, there ain’t nothing like saddling up on the Boulevard. Insurance is cheap, and maintenance is reasonable. So stop trying to be practical concerning ride time, and concentrate on the joy of ownership. Wash her, polish her, wax her big beautiful gas tank, and add a few accessories.

Have you ever dumped a girlfriend and then regretted it a few months later? Don’t dump the “R” and then regret it later. And even if you do sell it and then decide to buy another used niner, it won’t be ‘Your Bike’; it will be someone else’s ex-girlfriend’s motorcycle.

As the old southern saying goes, “Go home with the one who brung you.”

· Registered
4 Posts
I understand. I have a M90 and wanting to find the big brother but I like the agility of the 90 but the power and feel of the 109 is like nothing else. Hold on to it if you can and make time. Like making time to Pray. Eve if its just to the store or to work. make that time.

· Registered
83 Posts
I'm on the don't sell it side, but then I don't sell anything. Bought my 109 in 2010 and all I do now is ride it up and down the street. But its such a cool looking machine, just love looking at it. And then there's my AMX, purchased in 1972. Don't even ask how many motors and transmissions its had, and the wife knows not to mention selling it. But then there's the Corvette, and why I really say don't sell. It was a 2014, had it for 4 years and traded it in on a SUV for the wife and have regretted it since. Should have waited till one of the other vehicles was paid off. Don't sell, just drool over it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts