M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding the other day with my wife on the back and she fell asleep for a second,and I about had a heart attack. Guess I am going to have to tie the ole lady on.or tie one on after I get back from riding with her. I asked her If I was going too slow, and she said she just can't stay awake at times.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Ole man, I had this problem 1.5 years ago. Went to the doc to find out I was mildly type 2 diabetic (sugar and carbs make me sleepy)
and also have Sleep Apnea. Have her get to the doc, we dont want her falling off!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledzep01 said:
Ole man, I had this problem 1.5 years ago. Went to the doc to find out I was mildly type 2 diabetic (sugar and carbs make me sleepy)
and also have Sleep Apnea. Have her get to the doc, we dont want her falling off!!

Sledzep
A big 10-4 on that I think you are right.

·
Registered
775 Posts
mine was worse; bout bout a year ago on my m50 my son's friend ( our neighbor's child) fell asleep on the back of my bike. i literally caught him with my left arm and held him while he was trying to climb back up on the seat. i like to have died. actually parked the bike for the rest of the week after that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
walker_mufc said:
mine was worse; bout bout a year ago on my m50 my son's friend ( our neighbor's child) fell asleep on the back of my bike. i literally caught him with my left arm and held him while he was trying to climb back up on the seat. i like to have died. actually parked the bike for the rest of the week after that.
Wow' that is what I fear will happen with my wife If I can't keep her awake.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i'll tell ya what i did after that ( kids and their friends won't let me leave the driveway without one of them on the back ( it's in the puppy dog eyes )) . i try to keep away from long, straight roads. curves seem to keep them excited. when i did hit a long straight way i don't maintain any speed. up a little , down a little every couple of minutes. the movement in the bike keeps them bushy tailed. seems to work good for me, so far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
sledzep01 said:

Sledzep
you need to buy a goldwing......but I think sled said it 8)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was riding with my ten year old son on the back of my Honda cb750 (it has a big sissy bar on it) and I came to a stop sign and felt the weight of his head in my back. He doesn't admit to it but he'd fallen asleep I had to shake him. luckily we weren't far from home, coming home from his brothers' basketball game. I couldn't believe someone could fall asleep on the back of a bike! I never did when my dad gave me a ride I was too excited!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts