M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know of any other different design of handle bars that will fit on the "C"?
I find the factory bars quite uncomfortable, as the handgrip angles make my rists bend outwards. I would prefer something a bit more square on, to keep my rist inline with my forearm!

Regards Blain.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I hope someone chimes in on this because I'd like to know too.
The bars are a little to wide and far forwards for me but I'm not a big person (5'8 170ibs) and I'm riding a huge bike! I know there are bar risers out there but I want something a little different.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Use risers

I 6.2 and went with a set of new risers. I chose 8" Bikers Choice pullbacks. You will also need 6ea 3/4" SS washers to mount them 2 below and one on top, and 2ea 3" 1/2" bolts. This was a better choice for me than new bars from Flanders

You will also need to reroute your cables to under your triple tree. I'll post bike pics on a separate post of this past weekends mods.

·
Registered
96 Posts
GMan makes a great set of risers and you don't need to change cables for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I second the GMan risers. I'm also 5'8" and 170 pounds and these worked well for me. I also changed to a Mustang seat. I recently rode an '09 Harley Electra Glide about 80 miles and my C109RT had a far better riding position. It still isn't quite as good as my '03 Intruder 1500LC with risers, but close enough.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
New risers for the'C'

Just fitted my new 2" over Rivco risers an luv em. Put the 'M' risers and bars on a while ago and although that achieved the look I was after, was not a comfy seating pos for my height. The new risers give a relaxed, neutral sitting position. My only winge is the line of the risers doesn't follow the tank/speedo housing.
Anybody know or heard of a custom speedo housing to replace the bulky chrome one?

Next project is to get rid of the chrome front and rear indicator stalks. I'm a big fan of the Delta Customs C109R.
Cheers

Mods so far:
M bars and Rivco 2" over risers
ISO grips and throttle rest
Stock pipes opened up to 50mm
GMan airbox and filters
PC5 and Auto Tune (very happy with results)
Kewl Metal handle bear helmet locks
Metcruze passenger backrest
Riders seat foam customised to suit

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have seen some pics of a c109r in australia and the owner has used m109r risers and bars on it

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Skins thats not the same bike , the one I saw had the back guard cut down and a lot of other mods .
those risers sure do look good on your bike skins . the one thing I'm not to keen on the c109 is the bars they are hard on the wrist so i got a throttle jockey helps heaps on long rides .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Markysparky, thanks for the comments. Don't always have access to puter when I'm away. No probs with std cable length just a full lock issue, the risers just touch the speedo housing .But I'll put up with that for the extra comfort and custom look. Cheers

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you switch to aftermarket risers, most of the universal ones will fit. Additionally, any 1 inch bars will fit the aftermarket risers. I have used Harley bars on metrics in the past and they work perfectly. I even found some harley type risers that worked after making shims. Some of the HD bars come without the knurling, if you get them with the knurling they may show a bit. Take a piece of aluminum and create a gps bracket, it covers the knurling and it's useful.

Good luck modding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts