M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some handlebar risers on

AND WoW

What a difference, more laid back position but still aggressive, and makes the bike look a little chopperish,

Really adds to style AND comfort

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I'm 6' and have wanted to put the 2" ones on for years! I assume you wished you had done it long ago? You use and reroute the stock cables, or go new as well?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have the Rivco risers on order right now. They say they work with stock cables based on their design ???

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
Unless you have arms like a gorilla, it's almost a must have mod. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i have the Rivco risers on order right now. They say they work with stock cables based on their design ???
Me too. Just ordered same ones from DLP. Cant wait to install them !!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
HEY!! Oh wait, I have orangutan arms. Disregard.

-Josh
dropped mine 2 inches and moved them forward another two or so ....

much better than stock .....

Just need to move the lower controls forward 4 inches ....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Added 1" risers and yes enjoying every minute of the ride now.

I am short so this was the best item apart from the exhaust change. :drool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
3" risers

Put 3" on mine and yes had to get new cables, went with braided and what a difference all around. Should have done it long ago. More comfort and the clutch is like butter now. Some say it stops a lot better with braided I really didn't notice that much difference but the look is awesome. Ride is improved 100%.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What should a new owner expect from the risers.

I'm just on 6' tall but have no arse and lack a bit of padding. I find that the bike gives me quite bad pain in he hip joint and wonder if that hip / leg angle would change a bit by modifying the bars with a riser?

Any opinions would be most helpful.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
What should a new owner expect from the risers.

I'm just on 6' tall but have no arse and lack a bit of padding. I find that the bike gives me quite bad pain in he hip joint and wonder if that hip / leg angle would change a bit by modifying the bars with a riser?

Any opinions would be most helpful.
The only time I would suggest new longer risers , Is if you have pain between your shoulder blades, sounds like you need some different pegs , im 6 foot 6 and I use swing wing kurys. But I really liked the ISO wing pegs too

Check on a Suz Gel seat, your azz will thank You

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having not ridden for some time, yesterday I took two bikes out from the dealer on test.

First I took out the M50 and did about 45 miles of country riding, just to get the feel of a bike under me again, and build the confidence to handle the beast.

Then I swapped over to the M109. I felt lower in the saddle of the 109 but the pegs felt higher, so this gave me much more angle to the hip / leg joint. After a while it started getting really quite bad and stayed that way for 18- 20 hours.

On the 50, I experienced nothing, but 30 minutes with the 109 hurt like hell, but only on the brake side.

I'm trying to get a handle on this before I commit to purchase as I really want one of these muthas, but need to ensure I can be comfortable on it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
2"

When I first set on a 109, I felt like a little kid on my dad's bike. I felt stretch out, and leaning forward. I didn't buy one.
The one I bought had the 2" extensions on, and it felt just right. I've never ridden one without, but love mine. I'm 5'8.

Uzz32, first time I rode mine for an hour, I got a cramp in my brake side hip. When I stopped, I almost couldn't lean on my right leg long enuff to put the kickstand down.
I've been on 1, 2, and 3 hour rides since, and never had another problem. Try riding it again, and see if it happens again.

My cables are re-routed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

It's been a few days now and the hip feels fine, so it's nearing time to con another bike shop into a test ride.

The handlebar risers must just allow the rider to sit up very slightly straighter and change that hip/leg angle I suppose.

Anybody running a gel seat that could comment on the differences that makes to the way the rider mounts on the bke?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Put some handlebar risers on

AND WoW

What a difference, more laid back position but still aggressive, and makes the bike look a little chopperish,

Really adds to style AND comfort
Add the 3" blocks and you will really be amazed. You will have to change your cables, it's worth it. Very comfortable. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts