M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I admit it, I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I will at least try to do some things myself. I'd like to do the handlebar adjustment like others here have done to give me a more relaxed riding position, but I'm stuck on one thing: how do you remove the 4 chrome "caps" over the four bolts that hold the bar in position?

G

·
For those little suckers I ususally use an exacto blade and VERY slowly slide the blade in from the top and wiggle it til I get one edge loose and then pop it off. Don't try and pry it off with a flat head screw driver or you will put a ding in it. Don't ask me how I know that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pain in the butt, but with a little patience you can pry them off. you need to find anything resembling a dentist pick. I actually took a really small flat blade screwdriver and didn't damage them. They are just plastic and will mar very easily. The good thing is that if you ruin them, they are really cheap.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I left mine out........................ you can see allen head bolts all over the bike , so I like the look with them out better :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Big Ben.....just adjusted my bars earlier today :bigthumbsup: I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs, so, not as big as you, but I can tell you after just getting ghome from riding this evening, that this handle bar adjustment made a huge impact for me on the comfort of the bike. Its a really easy mod :D Just follow the intructions in this thread: :read:

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts