M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to raise my handlebars. Raised the bars then I adjusted the left side controls. No problems, I even ground off the little nub. Now here is the problem. How do I remove the throttle cable on the right side to get to the little nub? I thought I'd ask the fellas first before I forced something and broke it.....which btw I am very good at. :joke:

Thanks
Ruben

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ruben said:
I started to raise my handlebars. Raised the bars then I adjusted the left side controls. No problems, I even ground off the little nub. Now here is the problem. How do I remove the throttle cable on the right side to get to the little nub? I thought I'd ask the fellas first before I forced something and broke it.....which btw I am very good at. :joke:

Thanks
Ruben
I just did the mod Wednesday morning....same problem.......loosen the allens on your front brake reservoir and move the entire unit to the left...it will stop where the bar starts to taper up in size....you can then do the same with the throttle assembly....first loosen the throttle adjustment nut and put some slack into the cable...move it to the left as far as it will go ...you'll have just enough slack to get the cable closest to you off! I rolled the throttle toward me and slipped a small flat head screwdriver under the cable and removed the cable end from its slot! It's a little tricky but moving everything to the left on the bar is the trick :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob, I will give it a try. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts