M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 5'8" but have a short arm length of 29". I find that the standard bars are almost to far away from me as I am sitting on the bike. This makes the long rides very uncomfortable and hard on my back. Does anyone know the process that is needed to get new handle bars that are longer and bent more toward the seat and the changes needed for the handle controls. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually need more length than just to turn the handle bars. I also know that this would require longer cables. If anyone knows of somebody doing this kind of modification, will you keep me in mind, and let me know. Thanks!

G

·
I am not a pro when it comes to bars, but if you don't want to change your risers I think you could just change out to a 1 1/4" bar that turns down to 1" at the grips and then get one that turns back into the cockpit more instead of the drag style. Try looking through the JP Cycle catalog and maybe that will have some ideas. Like I said, I don't know a whole lot about bars, especially the M109, but I know that when I had my Yamaha everyone was changing out to all types of different bars and depending on what you wanted they are out there. Longer cables would most likely in order if you get the bars closer to you, but some SS lines would be a great upgrade on this bike anyway.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Crud..I didn't see this post and just asked almost the exact same question... in another post to Lamont.
Sorry

Devilish

·
Registered
379 Posts
I love the drag style bars. But I too get back pain after riding more than 30 minutes or so. I was thinking more about floor boards or stirups to relieve back pain. It seems the if I was able to rest my heels there would be less strain on my back. Anyone else feel the same?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts