M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, iv been a member here since 2010 but have been quite inactive for the past 6 month while winter was throwing a temper tantrum across ny. Spring has finally come, the 109 finally got washed, and I finally logged back in to touch base with my fellow 109'ers when I realized I have forgot my login. Not only this, but yahoo has also decided my email account was inactive and deleted it. Sooo... New name, same guy, with that itch that needs scratching. A few more upgrades

Since my information has been lost I'll give ya guys a brief intro and move on. My names Joe, I'm from upstate NY, I ride a 2007 m109r in pearl white. Over the last couple years iv added a set of cobra drag pipes, an e3 250, dual spike intake, aftermarket grill, power commander, and probubly a few others that I have forgotten

im interested in adding handlebar risers. I'm 5'9 and like most others under 7' I get an awful cramp between my shoulder blades on longer rides. I have done the research in the past but would like to refresh my memory before I go on spending I nessesary money, and possible help inform others that maybe considering doing the same as myself. Now from what I remember, the "2" riser" is actually like 2" back and 1" up correct? I'm not so much interested in raising my bars but more the less extending them back towards me. Also if I remember correctly, with the 2" you can still re route the stock cables to fitment. Will the tach resume it's original position after installation? And does anyone have any reccomend actions in which risers I should consider?

thanks guy

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Do you at least remember your screen name... or at least the beginning.. When looking for a user this site has AutoEntry where it starts deducing what name you are looking for... i.e. if you enter a D... all names starting with D shows up.. then add an "r" and all names with DR... etc...
Im sure a Sys Op should be able to assist.. if you so desire.. if not...

HEY. welcome to the Forum... !!! :D

Oh and as for risers.. I recommend... the one that fits you better... we are all different.. so what fits for one person might create more pain for the other... I have a 1" Pull back YanaShiki.. more for looks as I dont get too uncomfortable, even on long (5 hr) drives.. I used to have 2" pullbacks before and thought they were just too much".. but did feel comfortable.. just like that more aggressive look.. JMO

·
Registered
161 Posts
risers 004.jpg risers 005.jpg i went with these because they are adjustable roxspeedfx.com they are the ones listed for bmw just put them on lest week and took the bike out for a nice ride today and love them here is a pics the part #is 1r-p13r-2125 they are for 1-1/4 in bars i have them set down for max exstention

·
Registered
138 Posts
View attachment 171210 View attachment 171202 i went with these because they are adjustable roxspeedfx.com they are the ones listed for bmw just put them on lest week and took the bike out for a nice ride today and love them here is a pics the part #is 1r-p13r-2125 they are for 1-1/4 in bars i have them set down for max exstention
Great info, thanks for the parts number I think this is just what I was looking for.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts