M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Im in Chesapeake/Va Beach Area...I posted pics in the post pics section (Va Ride M109 pics, scroll about half way down and you will see).

Jeff and I hang out regulary...we go on rides...go to the strip and cruise Atlantic Ave...hang out and meet tons of guys...and fems too on bikes.
We are building the courage to go to Bone Shakers...mostly an Harley hangout...also near the beach.

I have spoken to Craig a few times...and he was at the ride..even got a pic of him next to his silver beast...I think he's interested in riding with us...we were thinking of maybe going to NC and taking the bikes across the ferry...going to the mountains (western Va.) Skyline drive...lots of ideas going on...Richmond or DC

As soon as this rain breaks...so are we...please message me or heck give me a call on my cell 404-5388 and maybe we can finally form our 109 gang :D, I've been working on for a while.

We want to invest in the Chatterbox's so we can communicate instead of sign language...if we can get enough guys to make it worth while....if it's not raining Friday
we may shoot to the beach and terrorize the strip..3-4 109s would do the trick.

Thanks,
Dave in Va.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a backroad regular in Chesapeake. Not an M109r but hope that's O.K.
Boneshakers is a good place----no worries about trouble being on a Suzuki, one of the regulares up there rides a Black 109.
I suggest you should try breakfast up there one Sunday, pretty darn good omletts!
No kidding.
See you around ! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hey Dave, I'm Cj (crazy train) from Aylett,Va. 30 miles east of Richmond, would like to ride with some others with 109s, i bought mine on may 5th, and this bike rocks! I got the purple one, i thought the color was way cool! Ive already taken a long road trip to upstate NY to visit my folks, Awesome ride, 642 miles one way, only stops were to get gas and take a smoke brake as Ive not figured out how to burn one while riding with a full face helmet! LOL. Any way, lets ride, CYA......

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm in for a VA Beach ride whenever ya'll want to... give me a holler. Although rough as 64 on a strutted bike should be a LONNNNNNNNNG trip :joke:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Virginia is for 109ers. I live in Chesterfield, just south of Richmond. If you guys take a ride up this way let me know. Any of you can PM me if you need my phone # to call. I got a buddy who just got his burple one back from getting the wheels chromed and he is dying to ride. Just too much rain. I believe there are some more guys in this area with 109s but I don't know exactly where. If you are one of these guys living around Richmond, holler at me and let's see if we can hook up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Chachamooby, are you talking about Boneshakers in Va. Beach? I was just there 2 weeks ago. Cold beer and and a totally hhooottt bartender. Perfect combination! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep----Thats the place. Not great, but not bad either. Really a good bunch of regular guys for the most part. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Met a couple of guys at the oceanfront Friday night...Jeff and Andri on thier M109's...nice to meet you guys !

I'm telling you...we can form a club here guys...I have met and conversated/rode with 7 or 8 guys already...I have 6 cell numbers in my phone with 109
next to thier names...it's growing quick !

Lamonster is going to have to open our own forum soon !

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am about 4 hours north of VA Beach in Woodbridge, VA and would be interested in doing NC and Skyline with you guys. I live about an hour from the top of Skyline Drive and about an hour north of Richmond as well. I was talking to two of the local dealers and they said that there are another 5-6 M109ers in the Northern VA area from sales they had made. They will probably wander onto this site at some point I bet.

I think Rangemaster was talking about heading down to VA Beach next Sunday in the Maryland group forum. Would be cool if your group and their group could meet up down there. I will probably have to work as I have an important deliverable that following week but will make it another time if not then.

I did a WV ride about two weeks ago and the roads out there are totally unbelieveable. A good amount of steep inclines and sharp turns with only a guard rail and about two feet of shoulder between you and a 3000' verticle drop. Lots of winding back roads along rivers and forests, etc. Traffic was very light and we passed lots of other bikers along the way. Also, by staying up in the 3000' ft. range much of the time the temperatures were about 10+ degrees cooler then back here in the DC area that weekend. It was very painful to come back to sea level and into the mid-90s on my way home.

-Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sold my old bike last week and have been having some serious withdrawl so I came home and grabbed my dads M109 for the weekend.  I'll be around Va Beach and Williamsburg on Sunday so if you want to ride, say in the am, I'm going to try to head out into surry or somthing.  My cells 1757-635-0917.   Well suns dropping so i'm going to get back too her.

Jeff

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hampton Roads M109 Rider

Hello Fellow 109ers,
I am located in Newport News, Virginia and ride with an all cruiser club consisting of military veterans. Most of our members ride Harleys, Goldwings and 109s.We currently have chapters in Virginia, North carolina, South carolina and Georgia.We normally hit the major bikeweek festivities on the East Coast, Daytona FL, Outer Banks NC, Myrtle Beach SC and DelMarva/ Ocean City MD. Check out our website soldiersunitedmc.com or our facebook pages SoldiersUnitedMC HRVA. Hope to see you all out there!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts