M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think you posted this once but I can't find it now. What is the width on the 280 after the tire is mounted up and what is the difference from the stock wheel and tire.

OH! Are you have a holiday sale? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
11 inches.
If the 280 is in millimeters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
J R said:
I didn't think you could put a 280 on a stock wheel and it not rub ???Am I wrong? I guess what I'm saying if you put a 280 on a stock wheel will it fit without interference ? I know about the tire wear bla bla bla just wondering for the sake of knowing? anyone???
My understanding is that it will rub (and probably slip the rim). Hal and Lamont are using their superhub which is 1.5 inches wider and with it on Lamont says their is 2 credit cards width. So the rim must angle the shaft out slightly.

Also to the 11 inch equation unfortunately these things aren't exact as a 260 metz is narrower than a 250 dunnie.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
vtxoak said:
I think you posted this once but I can't find it now. What is the width on the 280 after the tire is mounted up and what is the difference from the stock wheel and tire.
I don't remember exactly now and I can't find the post if I did post that number. ::)

L-Train said:
My understanding is that it will rub (and probably slip the rim). Hal and Lamont are using their superhub which is 1.5 inches wider and with it on Lamont says their is 2 credit cards width. So the rim must angle the shaft out slightly.

Also to the 11 inch equation unfortunately these things are exact as a 260 metz is narrower than a 250 dunnie.
The shaft is not angled at all, the only mod is in the hub, the swingarm and diff. are in the stock location.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=745.0

 
G

·
From a purely technical standpoint this is not a "SUPER-HUB". Its just a copy of the OEM hub that will bolt onto the wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lamonster said:
I don't remember exactly now and I can't find the post if I did post that number. ::)

The shaft is not angled at all, the only mod is in the hub, the swingarm and diff. are in the stock location.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=745.0

Sorry my question was worded bad. I am considering ordering the wheel and wanted to see what the final width was compared to our stock set up. I realize the rim width but what tire are you running? When you posted the measurements for the different tires the tire size didn't always mean it was the widest tire.

So the wheel will be a direct bolt on to our final drive? Have you taken the drive apart to see how easy it is to have chromed to match the wheel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Those are the same questions I have regarding the 280 wheel. How much wider than stock? Is it available chromed and is the hub also chrome? Is there a front wheel chromed that matches the rear? Are there more pictures of the 280 on the bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slather1 said:
Those are the same questions I have regarding the 280 wheel. How much wider than stock? Is it available chromed and is the hub also chrome? Is there a front wheel chromed that matches the rear? Are there more pictures of the 280 on the bike?
I think there may be some confussion when discussing the hub, I don't think they are referring to the final drive but maybe I am wrong.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
vtxoak said:
Sorry my question was worded bad. I am considering ordering the wheel and wanted to see what the final width was compared to our stock set up. I realize the rim width but what tire are you running? When you posted the measurements for the different tires the tire size didn't always mean it was the widest tire.

So the wheel will be a direct bolt on to our final drive? Have you taken the drive apart to see how easy it is to have chromed to match the wheel?
The 240 in this picture is on the rim, the 280 and 300 are off the rim.

This is all three tires side by side.

On the right is a 240mm (9.5"+ or -)
In the middle is a 280mm (10.5" + or -)
On the left is a 300mm (12" + or -)


If you look at this picture you can see there is more than an 1" difference in the 240 and 280. I didn't measure the 280 on the rim. ::)


It will be a direct bolt-up to our final drive and I have not taken the final drive apart but I don't think it will be any worst than a VTX drive.

slather1 said:
Those are the same questions I have regarding the 280 wheel. How much wider than stock? Is it available chromed and is the hub also chrome? Is there a front wheel chromed that matches the rear? Are there more pictures of the 280 on the bike?
Yes you can get it in chrome and the hub would be chromed too. The replicator matches the stock wheel now but we can cut a billet wheel if you like for the front. This is the only other picture of the 280 on the bike.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2134.0
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top