M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Good for Hal! Part one of the journey is complete. I didn't know there was a brake mod! What is that? New pads or lines?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did it a different way this time and it worked much better. :doorag:

I used a pipe wrench and a big adjustable wrench and had it bent into shape in less than 5 min. and I didn't have to take anything off. :bigthumbsup:

This mod is a must if you feel like your feet are slipping off of the pegs and you have a hard time with your brake peddle. :super:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
Well I did it a different way this time and it worked much better. :doorag:

I used a pipe wrench and a big adjustable wrench and had it bent into shape in less than 5 min. and I didn't have to take anything off. :bigthumbsup:

This mod is a must if you feel like your feet are slipping off of the pegs and you have a hard time with your brake peddle. :super:

OK I've got 2 big wrenchs

So, I hold it steady near the pivot... and reform the lever (we dont "bend" around here) back away from the peg....
Then I move the bottom wrench up a little and then reform the lever again to be straight.
Right?

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sledzep01 said:
OK I've got 2 big wrenchs

So, I hold it steady near the pivot... and reform the lever (we dont "bend" around here) back away from the peg....
Then I move the bottom wrench up a little and then reform the lever again to be straight.
Right?

Sledzep
You got it. :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
khrome13 said:
So give me your analogy of how you decided the lowering amount you like the best... :D

khrome
Cruising around town I like the swingarm level with the ground.

Riding the twisties I pump it all the way up.

When I park I slam it all the way down. :doorag:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Curious LaMont,
Is there a weight gain or loss when going to the air shock? When will it be on the DL site? Were you able to get it taller than stock for cornering? If so, do you notice the difference?
Thanks,
Jer

Lamonster said:
Cruising around town I like the swingarm level with the ground.

Riding the twisties I pump it all the way up.

When I park I slam it all the way down. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts