M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just had to point this out. We seem to have forgotten about the "godfather" of the TRE mod, of course i refer to our own "Maniac m109r". With all do respect to Jeff and the JSD mod kit, I was one who went the cheap route and made the trek to Radio Shack for the 2.7kohm resistor. Although I'm not prone to +150MPh travel, i do enjoy the increased throttle responce and of course the occasional sudden jump to 3k plus RPM's for no reason :joke:. So in conclusion, I realize that one of our enterprising and some would say too much free time having members would have brought this to the table eventually, just wanted to make sure we dint forget about the Maniac!!! :doorag:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kane62 said:
Hey guys, just had to point this out. We seem to have forgotten about the "godfather" of the TRE mod, of course i refer to our own "Maniac m109r". With all do respect to Jeff and the JSD mod kit, I was one who went the cheap route and made the trek to Radio Shack for the 2.7kohm resistor. Although I'm not prone to +150MPh travel, i do enjoy the increased throttle responce and of course the occasional sudden jump to 3k plus RPM's for no reason :joke:. So in conclusion, I realize that one of our enterprising and some would say too much free time having members would have brought this to the table eventually, just wanted to make sure we dint forget about the Maniac!!! :doorag:
Thanks Guys I appreciate the compliment . You will be the first to know about some things i am working on.

G

·
Kane62 said:
I have always called it the MANIAC MOD and the one he told me how to make has never done the wacky 3500 RPM thing.

Thank you Maniac.

G

·
J R said:
That 3500 rpm sheet was a lie by a liar period.I dont belive it ever happened ever.that guys just a 100% ashole lookin for trouble.nothin happened to his bike ::) Jeff has been making the tre,s for 8 years for all bikes.as far as the 109 yep manic mentioned it first but the idea came from the sportbike borads on Suzks :bigthumbsup: I give credit to both. But I know a little more about where and how it all started ect and it was sombody that yearts ago was prevy to some very private info from a Prof Suzuki race team that got the info and started the stuff...As far as the 109 yea I guess manic mentioned it first but i can show you pm,s between Jeff and i dated long before they where ever mentioned and i had one on my bikes to try long before anyone here had one on a 109.I just dont post everything I do.theres a few other tricks maybe comin down the line but I could care less who gets credit other than thankyou and lets move on and share some of the info :bigthumbsup: props to both..JR
I think there two issue's here the guy that brought it the table and the guy that made it work or right. And Jeff has made it right.

Props to both, thank you.

RAW_TAZ

·
Registered
844 Posts
JR:

You're gonna have a stroke, or something taking everything everybody says so seriously. Just post yer stuff -- and let the chips fall where they may. You know: "You can please some of the people some of the time, etc."

I for one have learned a LOT of very interesting stuff from reading on this Board. I think this is the consensus of many of the users who write in saying: "Thanks guys, you helped me solve this or that problem."

Some of the MOST interesting stuff has been the theoretical stuff -- which can be controversial, but which you rarely, if ever, see discussed in most mags, or Boards. For instance, I have read a lot of stuff about "countersteering" -- but I NEVER realized that it is based on gyroscopic principles until I read it on this Board.

If you give in to those who want to talk s**t -- then THEY WIN. This Board is ALL about the people who contribute to it. Hang in there, Bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts