M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was involved in an accident on the 27th of Feb. i was eastbound on the katy freeway only a mile from home when a gray car came over from two lanes to my left, he came into my lane as he did i yanked the bike in the opposite direction. the car exited the freeway and my bike and i went 40 feet down the freeway.

i was flown by life flight to the hospital where the were able to save my thumb by putting metal rods in it. i also had a*fractured skull, seperated left clavical, a right torn rotator cuff, a broken nose and road rash all over,

the good thing is my bike was not that seriously damaged. i have put some pics up of how my bike looks now. if anyone here in the houston/katy area knows of a good painter i would greatly appreciate the advice.

If there is anyone who rides in my area once i get better and once i get my bike back into running order it would be great if we could ride ,,,

thanks - Andrew

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm glad your alive Andrew, I hate to hear of anyone going down. Someone not paying attention is our worst enemy and there's a lot of them out there. Hope you heal quickly and good luck with the bike repairs.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Glad to hear that you are alive to tell us the story. Did they ever find the person? There does not to appear to be that much damage for highway speeds. Heel up fast.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Heal up then you can take care of the 9. I assume that you are an SGL by your screen name, so take care and get well soon. Also would you care to share with everyone the protective equipment to inlclude the type of helmet that you were wearing when you went down?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Wow... While seeing pictures of the damage caused to a bike that has been down is hard, it's even harder seeing the damage done to the rider that has gone down with that bike, all because of someone not paying attention and being mind-full of those sharing the road. It's not often that we get to see the effects of a fall, and I must say that you have to count your blessings that it wasn't worst. I :pray: for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow

Im glad your alive andrew i noticed you air cleaners are gone i have some here if you would like you can have them. just let me know:pray:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Andrew, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you survived and thanks for sharing your story. I have heard a lot of great things about BlkM109r. He's not in Texas, but you can ship stuff to him or he may know someone in your area.

Good luck and Take Care.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Its good you made it through the accident. I hope your health and healing is restored to 100% so you and your nine can get on the road.

send me a pm when you are ready ride again, I'm in nw houston.

Get well soon.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
so sorry to hear about your accident. i wish you a speedy and full recovery. your bike should be up and ready in no time, since there was very little damage to it considering the speeds you were going.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Wow, that pic of you in the hospital reminds me of why I wear all the crap I do, even when I would prefer not to. Get well soon

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Hope you get well soon bro, and get the bike fixed soon too. That's tough to look at all the damage on you.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Dude, looks and sounds as if you took the worse of the accident. Lots of cosmetic damage to the bike but if I had seen you first I would have thought the bike was a total. I believe the best part of the accident is that you came away from the scene ALIVE, you could have easily been run over by another cager. Thankful you are alright!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Glad your gonna make it through Andrew. :bigthumbsup: That'a very scary thing.

Can I ask what you were wearing gear wise when you went down? I ask because I put my bike down on it's left side as well recently and have basically the same damage but perhaps more severe than yours. I had a fist sized dent in my tank as well.

I feel even more lucky now after seeing your hospital pictures. I was wearing padded textile riding pants, armored riding jacket, 3/4 helmet with full visor and full gloves (temps were in the high 60's/low 70's) and I only had a broken clavical and a bruised hip. No road rash at all and I left the hospital the same day after they took some X-rays and put my arm in a sling. I'm wearing my gear all the time now going forward!

Again sorry for what happened to you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
His picture makes me want to go right out and buy the protective gear with the armor. I already wear a full face and a leather jacket but that looks like it hurts. Glad your Breathing and looks like the bike will be up soon also. Thanks for sharing the hospital photo. It is really a wake up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad you made it out alive! Hope you get better soon. It looks like those highway bars might have helped protect the 9...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts