M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I got my 2009 M109R2 in April, and love it! I've been reading about all the mods that can be done, but need to be sure I don't wreck anything before I make any changes.

Well, on thusday I was just about to go for a long run, and parked the bike on a very small incline, with the front pointing "downhill". I ran into the garage to get my ipod, and heard a terrible sound...My bike tipped over onto the left side! (kickstand side):edit:

After the approprite amount of swearing and cursing myself, I picked up the bike and assessed the dammage. The left air intake cover is all scratched up, and I broke the orange plastic off the left turn signal...but that was it!! No scratches on the paint, nothing mechanical broken... Could have been alot worse, but still a huge pain!

Now that I have to replace the air intake cover, I'm debating replacing them both with some of the amazing covers I've seen on this board, but I don't know where to begin. I think the housing that holds the air cover in place is also cracked on the left side, but I may pick up a used housing from a bike wreckers in town. Can I get some advice on where to begin on my first mod? Can I buy covers from someone here? I don't want the K&N filters, I like the look of the mods to the stock ones better.

Thanks for the help!

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and I am sorry to hear about your baby tipping over. It just gives you the excuse to start modding is all. There are many different intake set ups. Go with what you like. Next time when you face down hill, I would put her in first gear and make sure that the gear bumped, before you put her on the stand. She is a heavy lady.

·
Registered
98 Posts
NEVER PARK DOWNHILL!!! The kickstand will move back and it will fall!!
Sorry to hear . It really pisses you off !!At least the damage was minimal . I ALMOST FOUND THIS OUT . THE HARD WAY !! As I walked away at the store I saw mine start to move ,ran back and caught it just in time ..Lesson learned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts