M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down thru Georgia on I-75 I had a guy in a small Toyota electric car who just wanted to bother me. It would take him a while to wind his car up but he would pull up to me at about 85mph but didn't have enough to pass. I would ride next to him for a while and then just wack the throttle and get a 1/4 mile ahead. After about 10 minutes he would come pulling back into my mirror. We went back and forth about 10 times. I don't like to ride much faster unless a flyer is up ahead of me and this electric car didn't qualify as a flyer and no one else was ahead of us.

So I guess he was playing with me and having a little fun with his little electric car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think it is kinda a moth effect with these bikes.

twice now on Rt 70 just east (south) of Frederick MD I had a car wanting to share my "cool" by following me through traffic.
Since virtually every auto on that section of road is doing 80 and there are 3 lanes to choose from, one would have to attain some silly speeds to achieve separation. There is also a state police barracks on that stretch.....

Well I finally decided to let the cars have a longer look at the bike, while we all had a good time on the 95 mph altitude changing sweepers. What a feeling. This bike is awesome.

One was a small SUV or minivan, and I lost that one. The red M5 convertible was another story :D

I wasn't about to risk my life trying to prove something that day. The driver was skillful and safe, always leaving enough room between us as we went, really a pleasure to ride with, and cool enough to cruise along with the hottest bike on the road. :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What really bugs the hell out of me is the Interstate tailgater (usually a 20-something woman) who thinks they have to be 10 feet off my tail light at 75-85 mph.

I just save up a good mouth-full of spit and let it go over my left shoulder........backs 'em off every time. :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Candingo said:
What really bugs the hell out of me is the Interstate tailgater (usually a 20-something woman) who thinks they have to be 10 feet off my tail light at 75-85 mph.

I just save up a good mouth-full of spit and let it go over my left shoulder........backs 'em off every time. :D
Lets not forget when they have a cell phone in one hand and applying make-up with the other. The thought of having a gabbing woman and her auto being removed from my a$$ in a Hospital ER doesn't make for a fun day :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was out practicing riding some more on the country roads tonight, and this guy in a big truck seemed to think it was funny to keep riding up my a$$... many times I slowed down, was on the right side of the road, and motioned for him to pass me, and he would just ride up to me as if he was going to run me over...

Did not do a thing to this guy, but was just minding my own business, getting used to riding again, as well as getting used to the 109...

He FINALLY turned off into a side street after riding me for a good bit, and I turned back around, and as I drove by his house, grabbed his plate...

Called up the local constable in the area, reported the guy, and they DID NOTHING about it...

I'm sorry, but if you see someone with a NEW bike (still has paper tags) and who obviously isn't that great of a rider (not rode a bike in over 10 years and getting back used to it), you need to stay off their tail...

Since the local PD won't do a thing... I'm tempted to drive over there in MY big truck, knock on the guy's door, and proceed to introduce my fist to his face...

Anyone want to help me design a kit to release nails, oil slick, or some other substance, to get a cager being a jerk off your tail?

Sorry, just venting, extremely pissed off right now...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I hate coming off a offramp...I usaully take my time around a tight turn...it never fails...some WOMAN feels like she has to ride my ass all the way around that
ramp..once I could literally reach back and touch the hood of her piece of crap car... :cus: , If it happens I go into craw mode.

·
Registered
572 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
I hate coming off a offramp...I usaully take my time around a tight turn...it never fails...some WOMAN feels like she has to ride my ass all the way around that
ramp..once I could literally reach back and touch the hood of her piece of crap car... :cus: , If it happens I go into craw mode.
I really think we should design something, that can drop nails, oil slick, or some other stuff, to STOP them dang cagers from riding our a$$ like that, you know?

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you wear a jacket regularly while riding, put three or four small "river rocks" in your pocket. A couple of pea-sized ones and a couple that are 2-3 inches in diameter. The bigger ones can alter a radiator fairly easily at highway speeds :evil: Just flick one over your shoulder, let it bounce off the road a couple of times and watch the headlights fade in your mirror as they're checking out their newly modified windshield :yikes:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
If you wear a jacket regularly while riding, put three or four small "river rocks" in your pocket. A couple of pea-sized ones and a couple that are 2-3 inches in diameter. The bigger ones can alter a radiator fairly easily at highway speeds :evil: Just flick one over your shoulder, let it bounce off the road a couple of times and watch the headlights fade in your mirror as they're checking out their newly modified windshield :yikes:
Wow, that does sound like a great idea... just hope I don't piss them off enough to TRY and run over me... but at least I could get off the road fast enough if they tried...

How many times have you safely done this, without them coming after you, intent to run you over?

:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
BigBen said:
Wow, that does sound like a great idea... just hope I don't piss them off enough to TRY and run over me... but at least I could get off the road fast enough if they tried...

How many times have you safely done this, without them coming after you, intent to run you over?

:)
I've used the rocks only twice. I used to play live music in some pretty rough places and had a guy follow me out of the bar one night after we were through playing 'cause he said I was staring at his girl (I probably was :evil: ) He wanted to have a drunken knock-down drag-out in the parking lot but I just got in my truck and left. He followed me for maybe three miles, right on my ass, so I turned off and he followed. This guy was really sh!tfaced and I didn't want him running me off the road. I sped up to get some space between us and chucked a rock about 3 inches in diameter out the window. He swerved a little and slowed way down. What I saw was either steam or dust as I pulled away. I told the owner of the bar about it the next weekend and he said if the guy ever came back, he'd take care of it. Never saw the guy again.

I flicked a couple of small rocks over my shoulder (very discreetly) on my old Shadow several years ago. I passed a pickup on the highway and must have thoroughly p!ssed the guy off 'cause he tried to ride my @ss no matter how fast or slow I went. I don't know if I actually hit the truck with either of them but he turned off shortly after that.

I'm not saying go do this on a regular basis on your commute every day. Both times I felt like I needed to defend myself so I did. I can take most people's silly sh!t most of the time, but I do have a slight problem with anger management when someone's trying to hurt or kill me for no reason :mad:

·
Registered
849 Posts
The ones that get me are those who feel the need to pass me when I'm averaging around 85 to 90, and then pull back into the lane in front of me and slow back down to the 75 to 80 they're comfortable with. Then when I blow back by them, often at 100 or better to get some space, they'll feel the need to overwind their engines until they can again gain enough speed to pass once more and then slow right back down again.
I don't even think they're consciously playing with me. I think they just have some primal unconscious something that drives them to prove they can pass the biker. They don't seem evil, but still create a nuisance that has me having to adjust to them.
And no, I've never felt the need to harm them or scare them. Some of them are even pretty, although there doesn't appear to be any particular age or sex that does this more often. I think we just represent some standard of driving excellence, or freedom, or something that they feel a need to share.
Be careful out there Hal, and all you other brothers on the road.
Jer

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jerber that happens here a lot too. :realmad: Another pet peeve I have is people who appear to try and slow the biker down by driving beside another vehicle on the freeway at the same speed for miles,if you want to pass, pass don't block everyone else in at your speed I say. Anyway it's illegal to enter a lane if you're going to affect traffic so if I have flick off my throttle lock because someone pulled into my lane then slowed to the same speed as the car beside them they broke the law. The reason I mention this is a life long friend once told me he did this too slow traffic and he thought he was doing "Gods work" .I gave him my not so humble opinion of his work,surprisingly we're still friends .:D
Dave

·
Registered
260 Posts
i know a guy that carries a pocket full of BB's for BB gun u know
just sprinkles them out and the car backs off

went to town the other day with the hired hand to get supply's
and had some young chick on her cell tailgating me like 5 to 6 feet no matter if i went 80 (in 55) or 35
so i just slowed down and stopped right on highway (no cars to be seen for 4 to 5 miles either way
she was so into her cell phone she didn't see the road was open to pass me she too stopped and then drove around me
at that time i told the hired hand i F*&!*&G hate tailgater's
he said i see that now lol
Bruce

·
Registered
898 Posts
lawdog said:
Tossing rocks with or without the intent to damage someone else's property is a crime. It is morally wrong and can get someone hurt or killed. There is no excuse what-so-ever to throw rocks while operating your bike. :mad:

Motorcyclists already have a (non-deserved) bad reputation so don't be giving other drivers valid reasons to think it. Be mature, responsible and safe motorcycle operators.

lawdog :cop: (if I caught you throwing rocks... if I had a rubber hose... I would beat you with it)
Which is the reason cagers do this stuff and get away with it...There is no reprocussions for their actions... We are suppose to take it and do nothing... While the person in the cage gets to do whatever they like cause if you call in the tag just as you said they will do nothing...

Rocks... what rocks... must have flew out of the tread of that big back tire I have... ;)

The norm these days.... If it does'nt affect you then act like it does'nt happen... Standard thinking...

I on the other hand respect someone who uses their ability to control the publics idiocracy by standing up with a badge rather than standing behind it... For example the last time I called the locals because someone was acting like idiots in front of my house in a cage .... the officer told the guys that did it .... the next time you do something like this I am going to look the other way while that guy u po'd off walks a mudhole in your azz.... have yet to see them again :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
572 Posts
lawdog said:
Tossing rocks with or without the intent to damage someone else's property is a crime. It is morally wrong and can get someone hurt or killed. There is no excuse what-so-ever to throw rocks while operating your bike. :mad:

Motorcyclists already have a (non-deserved) bad reputation so don't be giving other drivers valid reasons to think it. Be mature, responsible and safe motorcycle operators.

lawdog :cop: (if I caught you throwing rocks... if I had a rubber hose... I would beat you with it)
So, let me see if I get this right... if I am having a cager trying to harm me... which IS a crime... I am not allowed to DEFEND myself... since when are you not allowed to DEFEND yourself?

I guess it would be better for the cager to have me get into an accident, and have my body SPLATTERED against the freeway, then to oh no, throw a rock to get him off my a$$...

I have many friends who are cops in this town, and who took care of that jerk last night for me today, who the OTHER cops I talked to last night, just BLEW OFF me about...

I highly doubt that guy who rode my a$$ last night, will EVER mess with another biker again...

If I am driving my truck, with a nice heavy bumper, and a heavy duty hitch, and someone rides my a$$, I could easily just slam on the brakes, have them smash into me, not hurting me a bit, but FRYING their radiator and car... yet on my bike... I don't have that luxury...

If the cops won't enforce the laws correctly, and won't protect those of us on bikes, then we have to take it into our own hands it seems...

·
Registered
176 Posts
WOW... go ahead and let it all out. You'll feel better. I agree with JR.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts