M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a traumatic flat last week, I have installed a new tire. I wanted to upgrade my rear tire size so I selected a Metzeler 260x40VR18.

Here is a picture of the plug in my stock tire.

Here are some views of the new tire:

Glad to have the bike back!!!

Does my ASS look fat?

Yes? What? Who said that?

My trusty steed, back in action!!

Oh yeah daddy...6500 RPMs sounds awesome!!!!!

Your going to have to take this bike from me as it's mine now!

-Tim

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks good man. I'm switching to the Dunlop 250 myself.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
great pics, cute kid, I've got 6 yr old and 9 yr old girls myself, they don't seem too interested in the bike though.....but finally, great shirt! :bigthumbsup: don't know where you got it ::) but that guy is a helluva designer :joke:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, nice shirt design - thanks! The wife won't let me wear it out in public but I love it. Wife says if you replace ? for s in ASS then I could wear it.

As for how it rides, the ride feels different from the 240 but I just drove it about 4 miles. On a few stretches when no cars were around I did some zig-zagging to scuff it up some and the response was excellent. I am taking it out for a ride this morning, I want to get some miles on it first before I start hitting any tight turns or anything.

Regarding the munchkin, she is definitely going to be terror. Everytime she gets near my bike, it takes about 10 minutes to clean off all of the fingerprints and she sits up on the tank almost to reach the controls so I need to get a tank guard ASAP as well. You know kids, well yesterday she asked me how come there aren't as many girl motorcyclists as boys?

Gotta get riding!

-Tim

G

·
OK Great Tire but you didn'd answer the ??? where did you get the t shirt?? can you buy it on line? is this biggest tire we can run on this rim size?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Scroll down a couple of threads from this one. There is all the info you need about shirts there. I would give you a link but I don't know how yet.

G

·
Nice pix. Your daughte is adorable. The last shot is great. The face says it all. Enjoy them while they are young. Mine is 20 now and in med school. Not many trips on the back of ol Dad's bike. Quick question. I just bought that same side mounted plate. How did you mount that. I am dying to put that on my bike, but still have not found a good way to mount it. No instructions with it, and this is new territory for me. I e-mailed the guy on the board who was making the brackets for them twice, but nothing yet. I guess he is still busy with them. patience is still not one of my greatest virtues. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
joet said:
OK Great Tire but you didn'd answer the ??? where did you get the t shirt?? can you buy it on line? is this biggest tire we can run on this rim size?
Do a search on tires......plenty of info!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
joet,

I didn't answer the shirt question because the guy asking it was the guy who made the shirt so it was kind of an inside joke.

No, the dunlop 250 is bigger by like 2mm I think but after putting about 160 miles on the new Metzeler today I can tell you that it is awesome.

PM me if you have any specific questions on the tire, shirt or other.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rangemaster84 said:
That 260 looked real good rolling down the road today Tim, I'm still debating on the 260 vs. 250.  :bigthumbsup:
Do a search for "Who has replaced their rear tire" .....there's a great picture of a Dunnie 250 mounted on a 109. It's the widest tire next to a 280. Don't be fooled by the 260 tire designation. The Metz is actually 9 and 7/8 inches wide, the Dunnie is a true 10 inches wide. Hal Greenlee posted all the tire brands and sizes which were actually mounted to a 8.5 inch wide rim.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not knocking the Metz tire....it's a top notch tire.

G

·
What type of tag mount are you using and where can I purchase one? Looks great. Oh by the way, how did an ugly geezer like you get such a cute daughter?

oldfart

1 - 20 of 26 Posts