M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'3". I've spent hours adjusting the Hellcat windshield to every conceivable position I could think of and those that others on this board have suggested, wihout success. I still get severe helmet buffeting at highway speeds. The only way I don't is if I place my nose squarely behind the sucker, which is no way to ride. If anyone wants to criticize me for my opinion of this windshield on this bike, bring it on. I don't care. I'm just waiting for a windshield that will work for me on this bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I won't criticize you. I'm only 5'8 and I'm not 100% satisfied with it either. I had the best luck mounting it low and at a shallow angle (same angle as the forks) It helped some with the buffeting, but increased the windnoise. It helps keep the wind off my chest and keeps me from getting tired on a long highway trip, but anything under a few hours and I'd rather go without. Brakeaway cruise control is the shizzle though, very well made and a lifesaver on the long rides. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hear ya, I am 6'3" and have tried every conceivable combination with the same result. I wonder if the shooter is better as it is smaller? I love not having to hold on for dear life but am just about done with the blurry rides. :mad:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am 6'1" and had the shooter. It did the same thing. Lots of side-to-side buffeting. I read in another post somewhere else that it's not the wind coming over the top, but around the sides that causes the buffeting. If that's correct, rider height or shield height won't make a difference.

The shooter helped keep wind off my chest area and made for an easier ride but the buffeting is what bothered me the most.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would never put a wind shield on the 09.I don't mind the wind while i ride.I have gone up to 500km in a day and some of that at high speed.I wear a 1/2 helmet and being in the wind is why I bought a motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't like the wind in your face, why buy a motorcycle? I wear a full face Arai helmet. I rode 2100 miles in 2 weeks 2 years ago without a windshield on my VTX 1800C. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Windshields are for CARS! :duck:
Excuse me while I don my flame suit! :p :doorag:

·
Registered
119 Posts
BlackCherry said:
I said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't like the wind in your face, why buy a motorcycle? I wear a full face Arai helmet. I rode 2100 miles in 2 weeks 2 years ago without a windshield on my VTX 1800C. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Windshields are for CARS! :duck:
Excuse me while I don my flame suit! :p :doorag:
+1 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BlkM109r said:
+1 :bigthumbsup:
you want a bike with a windshield that works then buy a bike that was meant to have one ::)
:clap2:

Kinda reminds me of my buddy that bought a Rune. Then he wanted to put a windshield on it, and saddlebags, a 2 person seat, then he had to drill holes in the bike to mount passenger pegs on it. I asked him why he paid $25K for a bike that wasn't designed for the kind of riding he wanted to do. to me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and then complaining that it has no room to carry all your luggage. ::) ::) ::)

·
Registered
178 Posts
BlackCherry said:
:clap2:

Kinda reminds me of my buddy that bought a Rune. Then he wanted to put a windshield on it, and saddlebags, a 2 person seat, then he had to drill holes in the bike to mount passenger pegs on it. I asked him why he paid $25K for a bike that wasn't designed for the kind of riding he wanted to do. to me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and then complaining that it has no room to carry all your luggage. ::) ::) ::)
Exactly, :bigthumbsup: I just don't understand those people.

I guess they just have to be different, (read difficult). Why attempt to make something into something it is most certainly NOT? While their at it, why don't they just add some saddlebags and windshield to a dirtbike, hey that would be really cool. I think not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jeez people, the topic was looking for a windshield that worked - not asking your opinion if you thought one should go on the 109 or not - or if you use one or not  ::)  We all know you're big men for riding daily at high speeds and never needing a shiled  ::)

J

·
Registered
99 Posts
WELL I'M ONE OF THOSE ODDBALLS.MY SUZUKI OEM TOURING WINDSHIELD IS ON BACKORDER.I'LL REVIEW WITH PICS AS SOON AS I GET IT AND RIDE IT.SORRY PURISTS THESE 60 YR OLD BONES NEED HELP. LOL
BLUPLE = PLASSION :joke: :D :a18:

·
Registered
363 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Kinda reminds me of my buddy that bought a Rune. Then he wanted to put a windshield on it, and saddlebags, a 2 person seat, then he had to drill holes in the bike to mount passenger pegs on it. I asked him why he paid $25K for a bike that wasn't designed for the kind of riding he wanted to do. to me it's like buying a Porsche 911 and then complaining that it has no room to carry all your luggage.
Unfortunately some people don't stop at merely complaining about 911 luggage space. :yikes:

LG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.