M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local steakhouse last night for dinner. As usual, I parked the 9 right up front where I could keep an eye on her while I ate. Got done and walked outside to find a 30ish couple looking at the bike. Just as I got within earshot the female says, "I hate it, I don't like the looks of that thing at all". I grabbed my helmet and got on the bike and the dude was asking a million questions. By this time the lady realized that I had probably heard her, her face was beet red, and he was looking at me apologetically, lol....anyway, they both thought it was custom and their jaws hit the floor when I told them it was a Zuki and the grips were the only mod I had done...lol. Typical open mouth insert foot moment. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I also admit I thought it looked cartoonish and goofy- at first- then I saw that rear tire.... and fell in love,,, I am a sucker for a fat assed Black beauty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend and myself rode around the west coast for 20 days ( he owns a dyna ) every where we went i got stopped an asked what it was. Everyone loved the bike and it pissed off my friend because he spent 20 gran + for bike and extras and hardly anyone looked at his. i just grined as he watched with envy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I noticed that with most the bikes I have grown to love the most I hated them at first. My VTX, Busa, and dare I say even my 109. It just goes to show when things break out from the norm they aren't always well received. As I mentioned before though, I love them and don't have the slightest bit of regret buying them. The "freaky" lookin bikes usually bring the most to the table with them as well. Gotta love innovation!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When I first read this board somebody said " you'll be surprised how many people go out of their way to walk around the bike and stare"
...three resteraunts later, I too park where I can see it and there is a constant audience for the Burple....People walk around....and around...and there is always somebody there when I come out to ask what it is.....This bike is BEAUTIFUL!!! and a monster on the road...could not have made a better choice.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Was coming back from the Tax office this morning on mine and this chick on a zuki 650 pulled up next to me and asked me who made my bike... I could see her jaw drop inside her full faced helmet when I told her mine was a suzuki also. At last count there were only like 5 109 owners from this board in Austin (that I recall) and apparently we all live in different parts of town, cause most people that see the 9 don't have a clue what it is, who makes it and have never seen one before.

GOD ya gotta love that 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M109 Widow said:
...But it's grown on me and I can now appreciate not looking like everyone else. The only thing I'm still not fond of is the tank seam.Â
Agree 100%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts