M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: Guy (red-neck with gun rack) in a pickup complimented me on a "Nice Harley"

You should have replied, "Thanks, I like that thare pea shooter ya' gut thare dangit' too Bubba'. He'd a luved ya' fer it.

·
Registered
185 Posts

It seems like with some people who are ignorant about bikes, they refer to any cruiser type motocycle as a "Harley" . . . :mad:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

That's happened to me several times..

I like it when the brothers look and finally notice that it's a Suzuki..

Yo Man, that's a Zuk!!??? Yeah brah...

I just tell them it's the Busa of crusiers..

·
Registered
956 Posts

My brother in-law and I were ridin, (he owns a Big Dog) and we stopped to get gas. A fine looking good ol boy with tats from head 2 toe was fillin up his $400 tow truck on the other side and came over and asked what type of bike I had. When I told him it was an 1800 Suzuki, he replied " They keep trying to make those things look like the Old Harleys"... Excuse me but that's one old Harley I have never seen! :p

·
Registered
205 Posts

Vetgasm said:
My brother in-law and I were ridin, (he owns a Big Dog) and we stopped to get gas. A fine looking good ol boy with tats from head 2 toe was fillin up his $400 tow truck on the other side and came over and asked what type of bike I had. When I told him it was an 1800 Suzuki, he replied " They keep trying to make those things look like the Old Harleys"... Excuse me but that's one old Harley I have never seen! :p
$400 tow truck....guess he was 'bout to go move his house.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Delmustator said:
That's happened to me several times..

I like it when the brothers look and finally notice that it's a Suzuki..

Yo Man, that's a Zuk!!??? Yeah brah...

I just tell them it's the Busa of crusiers..
True True :D I tell them its the busa's big brother, and they are like "no Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts

i had one guy ask who's harley it was. i said what harley, he pointed to 109 so i had to tell him it aint no harley. so after he insults my bike he looks at me like i'm the a$$ hole (which i am but he was provoking me).

·
Registered
426 Posts

frankie a. said:
It seems like with some people who are ignorant about bikes, they refer to any cruiser type motocycle as a "Harley" . . . :mad:
Ya' have to give HD credit. It's a lot like a "Jet Ski" or a "Kleenex". A "jet Ski" is made only by Kawasaki, they just coined the term and marketed the name the best, and "Kleenex" is just one brand of tissue that promoted their product the most. Now those are household terms that people use to generalize entire industries.
Oh, how about a "Ninja"? How many times have you heard that name to mean a non-Kawasaki? HD is no different and that's probably what contributes hugely to their sales success.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I drove away pretty quickly after he snorted a few times, and mumbled <insert banjo music>"That's a purdee bike ya got there...let me hear you squeel like a piggy!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts