M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Honda has some great deals going right now and thanks to Hal's letting the vtx board members know, I was able to order on 05 rune. I know the looks are hit with some and miss with others. I for one love it. I sold my chopper last spring and will be paying a lot less for this than I did for the chopper and nothing compares to the state of the art technology in the rune.

Now I just have to decide how to paint it and really make it a show stopper!

Check out this link for more info http://powersports.honda.com/rune/?from=rune.honda.com

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RubenAlonzo said:
Wow, nice! :bigthumbsup: they still about $25,000 or so?
MSRP is over $27900 or in that range, with Honda discounts I got if for $20110 and the o5's come with the chrome wheels and pull back bars.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow! :D :super: :bigthumbsup: That is alot a bike I am jealous. I always wanted a valkyrie ever since they first came out but could never afford one. There is a guy in my neighborhood with a black one and it is sweet! But then the Rune came out and it is just outrageous! I have never seen one on the road, though. I know you will share pics of yours when you get it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a Valkyrie last year. The Rune is a fancy Valk. The reason I got rid of the 6 cylinder furnace was because of all that heat. Man !!! It was unbearable in the summer. Heck, even on a cold day (in southern Alabama that means in the 50's) it would roast my legs.

Enjoy your Rune but get some of those silvery suits the firemen wear to dissipate the heat.

mania

G

·
vtxoak said:
Well Honda has some great deals going right now and thanks to Hal's letting the vtx board members know, I was able to order on 05 rune. I know the looks are hit with some and miss with others. I for one love it. I sold my chopper last spring and will be paying a lot less for this than I did for the chopper and nothing compares to the state of the art technology in the rune.

Now I just have to decide how to paint it and really make it a show stopper!

Check out this link for more info http://powersports.honda.com/rune/?from=rune.honda.com

:bigthumbsup: way to go, always liked those

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bad109 said:
wow sharp bike. id say it resembles a 109 a little bit. :bigthumbsup:
Now I just have to come up with a paint scheme that will fit it. It should be fun and cant wait to get started.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
That's one sweet, futuristic looking ride. Very nice. Can't wait to see what paint job you throw on it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
For the paint, maybe something with the SS Enterprise/ or Columbia space shuttle (since you are a Floridian) since that is such a futuristic bike.

I thought they stopped making the Rune, so is it an instant collectors item ?

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
very cool!!!I looked at one a year or so ago....wanted it,couldn't get it!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
M109LOVER said:
For the paint, maybe something with the SS Enterprise/ or Columbia space shuttle (since you are a Floridian) since that is such a futuristic bike.

I thought they stopped making the Rune, so is it an instant collectors item ?

Ride safe
I think they made 1500 but Honda has some in the warehouse and just reduced them $3000. There are some kiiller deals out there right now. Seems like a lot of money until you compare it to a Harley and then it looks like a steal and it will be around a lot longer and you won't park next to one very often.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
vtxoak said:
and you won't park next to one very often.
That's for dang sure. I have never seen one on the road, and the first one I did see was sitting on the showroom floor when I went to buy my 109. There were 3 there, and they were all flagged off "Do Not Touch"

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nice bike! My buddy has one and I put about 100 miles on his one day through the twisty turns of the Santa Cruz Mountains. They handle really well and are comfy on the highway. Of course they are fast too and I think they are drop dead gorgeous. The only handling issue was a tendency to pogo when you hit bumpy roads. I think that is a lack of rebound damping? Anyway, you'll love it. Congrats! I can't wait to see what paintjob you give it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
saw one of those runes two weeks ago it was blue. we went on a ride toys for tots run. in poctello idaho. very quite bike. looks real good. congrats man that is an awsome bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey VTX, JYD here just sold my rune. was a great bike but i just couldn't get used to the seating position. i had it for about a year and a 1/2. had many extra's. contact me i found a sight that told my where to drill exhaust. sounded like a small block chevy. had some fuel injection problems and while it was in the shop i saw the 109 and fell in love with it. i had to make a choice and the 109 won because of the seating position. i don' want to sound like a know it all but i get into my bikes and try to learn all about them. email me anytime i'am in south fl ft.lauderdale area. The JUNK YARD DOG :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts