M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i own a 03 gsxr 750 and now that all my riding buddies have switched to cruisers I'm thinking of doing the same. i just can't decide between the m109 or the kawasaki mean streak. i know the m109 has tons more power, was just wondering if anyone else had made a switch from a sport bike. :dontknow:

·
Registered
386 Posts
wonder219 said:
hey everyone, i own a 03 gsxr 750 and now that all my riding buddies have switched to cruisers I'm thinking of doing the same. i just can't decide between the m109 or the kawasaki mean streak. i know the m109 has tons more power, was just wondering if anyone else had made a switch from a sport bike. :dontknow:
I've only had one real sportbike (600rr) and a few other fast bikes .. its all what you like, test ride both. If you are riding a gsxr 750, I can tell you now that very few cruisers will keep you interested and the mean streak most likely won't.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I used to ride a GSX 1100G I gave it to my 17yr old son when I got my 109. May not have been a true sportbike (touring model) but handled like a sportbike. I am SOOOOOOOOO happy with my 109 :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have 2 buddies who ride Hayabusa's they both like my 109 better than my 02 VTX 1800 and say this is the bike they would get if and when they get off their sport bikes!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many sportbikes starting at an '88 CRB 600. Up to a GSX-R 750. Hands go to sleep, wrists ache and shoulders beg for mercy on the Gixxer. Wife took the Gixxer, so I bought a Volusia, wife took the Volusia because she ached too! Sold the Gixxer for a 109. Loving life, smoking the wife and no pain!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Go for the 109.
It has a Mean Streak. :a20: :a20: :a20: :a20:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used to ride a Suzuki GS1150E (High School version of the V-Max) a GPZ 1100 ( ri-cock-u-lously fast pre-version of the Blackbird) as well as a GPZ 750 Turbo (abosolutely freaking blindingly fast when that turbine kicks in), I can tell you with impunity that this horse by FAR will not disappoint.

get the JSD-3M :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ron S said:
No,but I had a mean streak. The 109 is allot more comfortable,and handles better. :bigthumbsup:
Ditto - I enjoy my 109 way much better than I did my Mean Streak!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a GSXR 600 and a 109 and I love the 109 :bigthumbsup: Hands down, the most fun of both worlds and I owned alot of bikes and rode even alot more :doorag: Get the 109 you will be the envy of all your friends and enemies :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Traded my 05 menie with alot of performance mods for my 06 m109r.....and the 109 is faster stock than it was with all the upgrades....menie was a good bike though....just nothin compared tp the 109.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the input. there's a bike show comming up in toronto so maybe i can score a good deal on one of the m109 limited bikes. i think i've made up my mind, its m109 or go home :bigthumbsup:

G

·
wonder219 said:
hey everyone, i own a 03 gsxr 750 and now that all my riding buddies have switched to cruisers I'm thinking of doing the same. i just can't decide between the m109 or the kawasaki mean streak. i know the m109 has tons more power, was just wondering if anyone else had made a switch from a sport bike. :dontknow:
I own both the 109 is a huge step above the MS great bike the MS but it is not a 109 buy the 109 you will be very happy

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey Dude :D Yes if i was going to get a Newer Bike :D I would get the LE ,But I have the RED 109 and love it!!!
I wouldn't wait to go to no Bike show thinking your gona get a great deal!
When we went to Biketoberfest in Daytona I was looking forward to seeing the LE in Person,BUT they Didn't even bring the LE they had the cobra Bikes ETC..... but no LE ,Best thing to do is go to your Local bike stealer :D I mean dealer and put down a deposit on what you want!
If you don't when it comes in ,if, it comes in you may not get it ! who ever puts down the deposit gets it first!and dealers don't get several of each color bike sometimes they only get I RED as was my case with my dealer but I put down the deposit and when that BABY came in it was SILENTRIDERS :D YES :bigthumbsup: Later Silentrider

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
silentrider said:
Hey Dude :D Yes if i was going to get a Newer Bike :D I would get the LE ,But I have the RED 109 and love it!!!
I wouldn't wait to go to no Bike show thinking your gona get a great deal!
When we went to Biketoberfest in Daytona I was looking forward to seeing the LE in Person,BUT they Didn't even bring the LE they had the cobra Bikes ETC..... but no LE ,Best thing to do is go to your Local bike stealer :D I mean dealer and put down a deposit on what you want!
If you don't when it comes in ,if, it comes in you may not get it ! who ever puts down the deposit gets it first!and dealers don't get several of each color bike sometimes they only get I RED as was my case with my dealer but I put down the deposit and when that BABY came in it was SILENTRIDERSÂ :D YESÂ :bigthumbsup: Later Silentrider
the dealer close to me has a white one in the show room (no comment ;)) and two black ones in crates out back. only thing is i think they are a bunch of dicks working there. plus i haven't seen a black one up close and was hoping to see that and the LE at the show. I guess i could just buy the white one and paint it blue :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.