M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have the factory grips on my 109. Not really displeased but are after market grips more comfortable? I just wanted to know what others think.
It's been awhile since I've done any mods and my wife was asking for xmas ideas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I had the iso grips. After putting them on, I thought it made the bike uglier then the stocks. They do help when riding but the grips are a little larger in diameter. If you have smaller hands then it will fatigue you more then the stocks as well.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I like the ISO grips, especially because they are larger than the stockers and I have large hands. Like Bigpapa said, if you don't have large hands they may not be comfortable to you.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I like the ISO grips, especially because they are larger than the stockers and I have large hands. Like Bigpapa said, if you don't have large hands they may not be comfortable to you.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I prefer the show chrome accessories grips. Look better than the Kury's, and everyone has those.
There is a reason everyone has those, they are SOOO comfortable ;) I thought the exact same thing when I got my 9. I used to see custom bikes with the ISO grips installed and I would think, why would you put those on a beautiful custom bike...everyone has them!! Then I rode someone's bike that had a pair and never looked back. I rode from Charleston, SC to Huntsville, AL, last year and my hands never cramped or fatigued (is that a word?). I used a crampbuster for the ride over as well.

Again, I agree TOTALLY with you, everyone has them...but they have worked very well for me.

Performance Machine makes a nice of grips as well. They are the Contour Renthal grips. A buddy of mine has them on his Street Glide and they are very comfortable.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have ISO's on both my bikes. Great grips!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
IMHO, yes, EVERYONE has the ISO grips. but if you have big hands the stock grips are uncomfortable. I didn't get the ISOs for looks but for comfort:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Best grips on the market IMHO

I love them. :bigthumbsup:

I have ISO's on both my bikes. Great grips!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts