M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I find the to be rather large & bulky for my hand. makes it awkward when pulling in the clutch & brakes.

what are the other options for smaller diameter grips ?

and no I dont have small hands.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have Kuryakyn ISO Grips. I find the to be rather large & bulky for my hand. makes it awkward when pulling in the clutch & brakes.

what are the other options for smaller diameter grips ?

and no I dont have small hands.
Man up Sally, the 9 aint no 50cc scooter. We're all riding big boy bikes here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm looking at getting the show chrome grips, they look sweet, and the ribs look less bulky. And EVERYONE has iso grips!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had these grips on my last bike, definitaly easier to grab the clutch and brake lever with but my hand fell asleep alot faster because my hand really had to grip the throttle

·
Registered
940 Posts
My ISO grips felt huge at first but now I love em and don't have any problems with the clutch or brake levers.

Just keep in mind those all metal grips will freeze your hands in cold weather and can be slippery.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
I took the Iso grips off mine because they made my hands black if I wasn't wearing gloves. I have two sets of metal grips I swap back and forth and like both. One set is a cheap set of torpedo grips I got off ebay, the other is a set similar to the Battistini/Ness holey grips. The torpedos are comfortable but make you keep your hands in the same position all the time. The holey grips let you move your hands around and the air circulates through them to keep your hands cool.

I don't have a picture of the holey grips, but if you search for Battistini you can see them. Keep in mind they also have cheap ones on ebay, but to get them to work you have to shorten the bars about 3/4" and drill out the ends of the controls a little. I use the metal grips in summer and go back to the Iso grips in winter.

You might want to look at the Kuryakyn Flame grips too, they are a little smaller than the Iso grips.

Torpedo grips:

·
Registered
960 Posts
The reasons stated here are why I have stayed with OEM grips until I find something better.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
they look like dildos
:a20::a20::clap2::a20::a20::':)clap2::':)a20:

Don't sugar coat it or nothin'!:a20:

Sorry Zoom I thought they looked pretty sweet on the bike at the meet, but maybe I have a thing for dildos though.:eek::D

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Better not go to Burger King!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had the ISOs but also found them uncomfortable.

The grips I have now are awesome.

The concave taper alows me to move my hands around to vary the grip width while riding.

Everyone thinks they would be slick to grab, but the little dimples do just fine for hand 'traction'.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I had the ISOs but also found them uncomfortable.

The grips I have now are awesome.

The concave taper alows me to move my hands around to vary the grip width while riding.

Everyone thinks they would be slick to grab, but the little dimples do just fine for hand 'traction'.
I have read this three times and I keep getting off track....somebody slap me. :doh:

BTW I do like those grips. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts