M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have the Kury ISO grips and I am just not happy with them. They seem a bit bit for my hands and have started pitting a bit, but not bad. I have some time before I get some new ones but I need some help. I see a lot of people with billet grips that have no rubber on them.

Are they comfortable
Do they mark up your hands without gloves
Do they get slippery in rain
What are the sizes so I can find some thinner ones
Who makes them

Thanks

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Folks,

I have the Kury ISO grips and I am just not happy with them. They seem a bit bit for my hands and have started pitting a bit, but not bad. I have some time before I get some new ones but I need some help. I see a lot of people with billet grips that have no rubber on them.

Are they comfortable
Do they mark up your hands without gloves
Do they get slippery in rain
What are the sizes so I can find some thinner ones
Who makes them

Thanks
To add, do they get hot sitting in the sun?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I got mine from Hammer Customs. Though, he don't have one specifically for the 109, I used the set for Victory and fit really well. I just had to cut the bars about an 1/8- 1/4" to fit in the housing and not rub. I did get a set of matching shifter pegs and brake pegs...as for comfort, I'm using a Kury throttle boss( the rubber one).

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
I've had two sets of billet grips on mine.

They are very comfortable, depending on the design. I've had the torpedo style and also the holed style. I like the holed style better.
They don't leave marks on your hands without gloves.
They don't get slippery in rain, well, maybe if you used hand lotion they may. :D
They don't get hot in the sun.
You need 1" grips.
Lots of folks make them, look around ebay to get some ideas.

Word of warning, some of them may be a little short and the base larger in diameter in stock, especially the cheaper ones. I had one set that needed 3/4" cut off the ends of the bars and a larger hole bored in the control housing for them to work. But once that is done you can use any of them. If they are made specifically for the bike from a known manufacturer they should go on with no problems.

·
Registered
791 Posts
just purchased a set of Avon Air Cushioned Grips ....havn't received them yet so I can't comment on fit or comfort yet but they look like they will work for me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I am going to try and find someone that makes 9 specific ones. Zoom, you said the hole kind worked well. Can you get a hole type with a sharp point on the end. Some of the hole ones I have seen look like ventilated dil:edit:eek:s. If you have a pic or a link that would be handy.

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
Red, I've not seen any that had the holes that had pointed ends, but I've not really looked for them. The torpedo style I mentioned above were metal with grooves in them and had pointed ends, but they looked a lot like a [email protected]#do and I took them off. :D

This isn't a close picture, but it shows the holed ones I have on now. The holes are actually oval slots.

And this is the torpedo style. You can see why I said they looked like a [email protected]#do. Comfortable, but not worth the comments. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.