M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought new grips and have been told they do not come with glue! Anyone tell me what kind of glue to use when they get here? Thanks!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
You can use thick CA on them (also known as Crazy Glue). The thick CA does not bond instantly and allows you time to slide the left grip into place. The right (throttle) grip is held in place by the cable guides.

You can get thick CA at any hobby store.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use black automotive weatherstrip adhesive that you can buy at any autoparts store. Works great and dries slow enough to get the grips on right. Never had one come loose.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Loctite Gel super glue. Got it at Lowes. You have some wiggle room with this glue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Been using hair spray for over 30 years, didn't know that there was a "special" glue for putting grips on until yesterday:dontknow:, I saw some for sale at a local cycle shop.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what kind of grips did you buy that didn't come with glue? some grips have a set screw and don't require glue.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Gorilla Glue for me too. Gives you time to work the grips around and holds great. You can also still remove the grips later on as the glue doesn't eat into the grip.

If the grips have a design, put the throttle side on first so you can match the clutch side to it. I put my ISO grips on then noticed the rotation of the left didn't match the right and had to take it back off. I'm picky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't need glue !! Just wrap the left bar with duct tape and push the new grip on. You should have to push hard. Once it's on it won't twist like it did when I used the iso glue. Also you can remove it if you have to. Tony.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts