M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried grinding down the bottom of the Cobra Swepts where they drag on corners?

My bike is lowered 2 inches and I have Cobra Swept pipes and as we all know they drag if a corner is taken too tight. Well evidently I am getting much more comfortable with my bike as they are dragging more and more often and I am getting tired of it. Anyone taken the chunk of heat shield out where they drag and did it fix the problem?

Also while I am on the subject of mods of pipes and such, anyone have a PCIII map for the Swepts and a Holley/Edlebroch filter or a Pod setup? I am thinking of having a buddy do the pod intake setup and need a map for the swepts and a lot of air coming in. I have one for the swepts and big air but after reading the big air don't allow near as much air in as the others.

Anyway any help on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm grinding down my Cobra Swepts....one corner at a time. :D

I agree, it is annoying.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
:bigthumbsup:if you would like rusty. i have a lot of tools, eletric, air, hand, that are made for grinding down pesky metal parts that are unwanted. just gimmie a call bud.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bigthumbsup:if you would like rusty. i have a lot of tools, eletric, air, hand, that are made for grinding down pesky metal parts that are unwanted. just gimmie a call bud.
Thanks Brad I sure will. Just sort of wondering how far people took it down or how much they cut off where it was scraping and what they did, but yes I will look you up when I do it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the cobra swept grinding club.:chillout:
heheheh Yeah, just sort of irritating, but it could be worse. :p

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i have an idea rusty; figure out the low point of the forward control (or what ever you drag the most) wear it would drag and run a laser sight down to the pipes and see were it hits the pipes and we could go from there.

just an idea.:dontknow:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have an idea rusty; figure out the low point of the forward control (or what ever you drag the most) wear it would drag and run a laser sight down to the pipes and see were it hits the pipes and we could go from there.

just an idea.:dontknow:
Hmmm that's an idea. You going to be around today? (Sunday) Maybe I will run over and we can take a look at it. I hope you have enought time, as long as your not out dancing or something. :) By the way what happened to Harleys and Hotrods? I rode by there yesterday and they were closed and it looked like it was for good.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Rusty

I think you're just gonna have to choose between lowering, or the swepts. You can't do both without sparks.

Calif Roadrunner

Congrats! You're 1st person I've heard of dragging their swepts without having their bike lowered. You must be some kind of canyon carver!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Rusty

I think you're just gonna have to choose between lowering, or the swepts. You can't do both without sparks.

Calif Roadrunner

Congrats! You're 1st person I've heard of dragging their swepts without having their bike lowered. You must be some kind of canyon carver!
I dont have swepts there stock pipes

·
Registered
564 Posts
Rusty

Calif Roadrunner

I dragged my Swepts a couple of times before lowing, but it has definitely been worse since the drop.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Hmmm that's an idea. You going to be around today? (Sunday) Maybe I will run over and we can take a look at it. I hope you have enought time, as long as your not out dancing or something. :) By the way what happened to Harleys and Hotrods? I rode by there yesterday and they were closed and it looked like it was for good.
yes sir i will be home today, ill cancel the dancing date with the neighbor, and the rock climbing later this afternoon to help you out, oh and that snorkling lesson i had today as well.........oh well.

just give me a call bud.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes sir i will be home today, ill cancel the dancing date with the neighbor, and the rock climbing later this afternoon to help you out, oh and that snorkling lesson i had today as well.........oh well.

just give me a call bud.:bigthumbsup:
hehehe Ok let's see how this rain goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts