M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had this made.i like it,he also made me my hitch...what you guys think????

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Looks interesting...Will it cause any restriction for the radiator? Looks like it's over 50% covered.

Aside from that....GREAT! Very Original:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
That's Nice!

I like it a lot. Is it chrome or polished? If the guy is making anymore, I would definitely like to buy one.

For those of us that have expressed interest in buying one, please respond and let us know the details.

Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for those of you interested in getting grille made,i will get info for ya"ll such as contact info..but he can make anything you want..he has made many things for me and he does awesome work.......

·
Registered
427 Posts
It would be awesome if he could louver-angle- the cross pieces. It'd be the fastest Vegamatic in the world!

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I like it a lot. Is it chrome or polished? If the guy is making anymore, I would definitely like to buy one.

For those of us that have expressed interest in buying one, please respond and let us know the details.

Thanks.
It looks polished. I would think it would not over heat, but it might make your cooling fan run more often at a minimum. Keep in mind guys that our bike is liquid cooled not air cooled. Report back with how it runs with it on.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
I agree, looks great but I would worry about blocking so much air from the radiator. Post pics when you get it installed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Grille!

Looks good,but there is a lot of surface area on that grille.More than 50% of the radiator will be denied the cooling air flow required to keep the bike at the correct operating temperature.Maybe if the fins were angled so as to allow better/more air flow.My 2 cents. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
liquid cooling

liquid cooled engine still are dependent on air flow thru the radiator to disapate the heat, that's how the system is designed to work. if not, there would be no need for a radiator. I think the idea is good, but I'd be afraid of overheating or even running hotter than it should. Like one member said maybe tilting the plates so air can circulate around or under them ???

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Heh! Who cares if it overheats? Looks cool and will keep bugs out of the radiator fins.:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no overheat probs.tried it again today.more than enuf space between bars and i have big gap at bottom..plus i thought the idea of bein kewl mattered most?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Looks nice but not 600 bucks nice. JMHO
:agree:i'm not afraid to drop money down for something i like, but that price seems a bit steep to me. and on top of that, it's polished and not chromed. jmho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts