M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a friend look for a used m109 for sale. Can someone tell me what years came in grey and what years came in silver. Sometimes it is hard to tell in the pictures if the bike is grey or silver. Thanks.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm helping a friend look for a used m109 for sale. Can someone tell me what years came in grey and what years came in silver. Sometimes it is hard to tell in the pictures if the bike is grey or silver. Thanks.
If I am not mistaken, Silver was an 06 and the grays were 08. Not sure if any other years had those colors or not.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have that same problem, my bike is grey. It looks silver, to me, in the bright sun light.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I have that same problem, my bike is grey. It looks silver, to me, in the bright sun light.
When you pull up next to a silver 06 Big B, you will see the difference. Yours has a lot of flake in it vs the 06 silver.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
When you pull up next to a silver 06 Big B, you will see the difference. Yours has a lot of flake in it vs the 06 silver.
Yes, it does have a lot of flake. Makes it purrrrrdy!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The Silver was also available in 2009, although I think in a different shade of the one made in 2006; Never-the-less, still Silver. Gray is much darker and a lot Prurtier in every type of environment (Sun, Rain, Night, Winter, you get the drift...):bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Silver was also available in 2009, although I think in a different shade of the one made in 2006; Never-the-less, still Silver. Gray is much darker and a lot Prurtier in every type of environment (Sun, Rain, Night, Winter, you get the drift...):bigthumbsup:.
:agree: my buddy's got an 09 silver one. Then when we went to the rally in April we saw our first grey (among other colors) and we both agreed. The grey looks better than the silver.

But we all know the orange is the best. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts