M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to long ago i posted up some pics of my new swingarm cover i purchased from Raw Design. I got a few positive comments but more negative. Cant say i wasnt told so. The one i got was defective from Raw Design. The top just split wide open after only being on the bike for no more than 3 rides. I must say though that i was able to return it to them and get a full refund. At least there customer service was good! In the meantime i ordered Greggs Swingarm cover and installed it today. The way it fastens to the swingarm is much better and more secure! It also looks way better! :bigthumbsup: Nice product Gregg!
I also recieved my Cobra FI2000R today. Lamonsters post on the install made it very easy to do. My biggest problem was unplugging and plugging them in. My hands are just about to big but after a pack of smokes i got them attached! Once i got everything back together and turned the key everything functioned right the first time! ( this never happens). I took her out for a check ride and cant believe the difference! No more backfire on the decel, and way more quicker ! I have it on the factory setting for now, so far so good. Thanx again to the forum for all the knowledge stored within! Cant wait to meet everyone in Staunton!:hot::bigthumbsup:
Raw Design SWARMCV

Raw Design SWARMCV

Raw Design SWARMCV

Greggs SWARMCV

Greggs SWARMCV

Greggs SWARMCV

COBRA FI2000R Installed

GPS Installed

All Back Together!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,873 Posts
Looks great CJ, and that swingarm cover does look a ton better. I have one myself. :bigthumbsup:

I had to use a combination of fingers and a long screwdriver to get the front connector for the FI2000R hooked up. It's hard to tell if you have it on or not as you can't hear it click. But since it worked you definitely got it on.

I have mine stuck in that hole right in front of where you have yours laying on the battery cover. I think I ran my cable up through the box, as it's got the top up. Picture how yours would look if you stuck it down in that hole, but right side up. :D

What's next, you're running out of things to bling.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the gregg's looks way better, just be sure to wipe the dust off when taking pics of it. :joke:

·
Registered
741 Posts
CJ, yes I also had trouble getting those FI2000 connectors to fit. If I were a smoker, it would have probably taken me a half a pack.

I just set that first pot to 2 yesterday and the bike runs even better. You might try that and see how it does for you. I see alot of members have theirs at 2-3-2 also.

Also, have Gregg's swingarm cover. It's a great product...:bigthumbsup:

Looking forward to meeting you in June. Looks to be a nice showing of yellows. Don't need BikerGranny to be the only one to represent!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
nice pics

Nice pics Crazy. I've got mine in the hole where Zoom is talking about. Fits in there nice. Took a lot of rides up and down the road out front, adjusted the pods and got it tuned nice last summer. Bike looks great!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like this Swing Arm Cover much better Braa :congrats:
Like Zoom asked
What is Next ???
,not sure yet, im sure ill find something else thou! Maybe the rear brake bracket ??? :dontknow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts