M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jumped over here today while killing some spare time.Â
You guys have a great site - I really like this setup.

Now, I did get in and read where some of you were concerned about the M109R bashing that had been (and very well may continue) going on at VTXOA. ;)

Please understand that is just a small fraction of our community and most of us really could care less who rides what as long as we all ride!  As for the speed issue, the VTX "is" a fast bike, but there are others faster. As well, the M109R "is" a fast bike (I don't know this first hand, but I can read ;) ) ....but as well, there are others faster than it!  I can only imagine that with enough given time, you'll have "bashers" on your board just as we do on ours. It seems inevitable. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the road and getting to ride with some of you. I'm sure the majority of you here are just as fine folks as the majority of those at VTXOA.

As for the bike, I've got to find one and give it a test ride!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not "looking" for a new ride, I still love my X! But the M109 sure looks tempting! ;)  At some point (well, okay, maybe it's an age thing) I think I'll get a Goldwing, but just like it was when I sat on a VTX the very first time, if I ever get a chance to sit on the M109, I may have to have one! ;)

Y'all take care and stay safe....keep this community a good one!
Fozz from VTXOA

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Welcome and thanks for visiting...I feel the same way...we all have 2 wheels and a motor between our legs . I talk to everyone I meet on the road...regardless
of badge, style...whatever.

My brother has a 05 VTX...and loves it ...he brags about it all the time to me :D...it's ok though , because I give him an earful back.

Again welcome...enjoy and be safe out there !

·
Registered
849 Posts
Good thoughts. I'm glad you contributed them. It's my impression that most of us new 109ers are either ex Xriders, or sport bike folk. That makes a pretty good group for interacting, and riding with. Although, I'm from the X component, I love the ideas our crotch rocket contingent bring to the table.
I continue to do most of my riding with my friends from the MIXRIDERS and am still welcomed at their rides and meetings.
The sport only becomes stronger by it's diversity. Again, thanks for your comments.
Jerbear

Fozz said:
Just jumped over here today while killing some spare time.

Now, I did get in and read where some of you were concerned about the M109R bashing that had been (and very well may continue) going on at VTXOA. ;)

Please understand that is just a small fraction of our community and most of us really could care less who rides what as long as we all ride! As for the speed issue, the VTX "is" a fast bike, but there are others faster. As well, the M109R "is" a fast bike (I don't know this first hand, but I can read ;) ) ....but as well, there are others faster than it! I can only imagine that with enough given time, you'll have "bashers" on your board just as we do on ours. It seems inevitable. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the road and getting to ride with some of you. I'm sure the majority of you here are just as fine folks as the majority of those at VTXOA.

As for the bike, I've got to find one and give it a test ride! Don't get me wrong, I'm not "looking" for a new ride, I still love my X! But the M109 sure looks tempting! ;) At some point (well, okay, maybe it's an age thing) I think I'll get a Goldwing, but just like it was the first time I sat on a VTX, if I ever get a chance to sit on the M109, I may have to have one! ;)

Fozz from VTXOA

·
Registered
752 Posts
They are having a big rally here in Utah next week and I was invited by a Honda shop to go down with about 50 VTX riders. They were all cool and showed interest in my bike but they all love theirs too.

Thanks for hitting the board and thanks for your comments.

:welcome:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awww - that's gives me a sit-around-the-campfire-and-sing-coombyah feeling... :D

Seriousl - good thoughts and post :bigthumbsup:

J

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Welcome to the board!

As a former X rider (1800/C) I can appreciate both bikes....they are unique "Metric Cruisers" and there is little out there that compares. Both have awesome power and will definitely put a "broad smile" on any bikers face. Had I been in a financial position, both the X and 109 would be occupying my garage. Unfortunately that wasn't meant to be, so I enjoy good memories of my Illusion Blue X while piloting my 109! Gee life is good :) :) :)

I think, for the most part, the bashing is a "old ego thing" which adds some zest to conversations. A biker, is a biker, is a biker......no matter what you ride with a motor and two wheels you remain a biker. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fozz said:
Just jumped over here today while killing some spare time.Â

Now, I did get in and read where some of you were concerned about the M109R bashing that had been (and very well may continue) going on at VTXOA. ;)

Please understand that is just a small fraction of our community and most of us really could care less who rides what as long as we all ride!  As for the speed issue, the VTX "is" a fast bike, but there are others faster. As well, the M109R "is" a fast bike (I don't know this first hand, but I can read ;) ) ....but as well, there are others faster than it!  I can only imagine that with enough given time, you'll have "bashers" on your board just as we do on ours. It seems inevitable. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the road and getting to ride with some of you. I'm sure the majority of you here are just as fine folks as the majority of those at VTXOA.

As for the bike, I've got to find one and give it a test ride!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not "looking" for a new ride, I still love my X! But the M109 sure looks tempting! ;)  At some point (well, okay, maybe it's an age thing) I think I'll get a Goldwing, but just like it was when I sat on a VTX the very first time, if I ever get a chance to sit on the M109, I may have to have one! ;)

Fozz from VTXOA
I like the VTX 1800F but after I did a side by side. I decided on the 109. There are alot fine works of mechanical engineering and they all have a place. Nice bike by the way and thanks for stoppin by.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome from another 1800VTXc & M109r owner.... You will love this board too..... Lamonte is the greatest..... I have been on the VTXOA site since it started...I got my 1800c 4/07/01 and still have it...... can't get rid of it it's a part of the family..... 45,000 miles and the only maintenance I have done is change the plugs and tires.... (I did put barnett heavy duty springs in the clutch). I love the 1800c, especially mine.

I love my M109r........ man, this bike is awesome...... I have never had so many bike owners of all kinds of bikes love this bike.

Fast?......... yes........ faster than the X..........  I hate to say it but, yes..... and after the 3m even faster..... by the way... they run the same in 5th gear before the 3m.

the M109R is a streetfighter..... for a cruiser it is untouchable........ I have left every cruiser that has had the nerve to run it, in my wake..... That's why we bought it isn't it?.... totally awesome.... I did ride with my Buddy who has a Rocket III Triumph and asked him to run me... but he wouldn't... I played with him, buzzed him, several times but he would not run...... I don't know if we can beat him or not.... but I wanted to know..... he didn't want to take a chance on losing in front of  our buddies I guess.... afterwards he said " your bike will run with mine" that's pretty impressive...that Rocket 3 is a great bike also.

I just went to Myrtle Beach bike week and I chose to ride the 1800VTXC ... it's a different ride..... there's room in my garage for them both..... man am I lucky.

I wouldn't trade my M109R for anything out there.. it is the best handling, fastest, coolest, most envy'd bike on the road.

congratulations to Suzuki.

Woody from Va.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hear what you're saying about the Goldwing. I have both the Goldwing and the M109R -- the best of both worlds!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
:welcome: That is a sweet bike, what you have. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice bike :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts