M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sure wish they made that pipe for the 9. I asked the company about making one and they said there isnt enough interest to cover the setup costs.
Yeah, and doesn't it seem strange? The 9 has been in production, virtually unchanged, from 2006 through present. You would think there are enough out there by now to show some real demand. Oh well... I'll paint my Cobra exhaust and put it on her.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As mentioned by many, I found the shift to 1 - 2 to be a bit..... meh...
Clutch cable wear was mentioned often too.

Solution.. I like to go fairly quick so, to better my bike I installed a Pro Shift Star and a HealTech quick shift kit.
Now have eased both the pressure needed to shift and the ignition cut allows clutch-less upshifts (no cable use).
Bike is SO much better when nicking off from the lights or upshifting in general. Even when cornering, you can hold throttle position and snick into the next gear.
I'm unaware of anyone else here that has done the mod (please chime in if you have) but I love it.
P.S. Flashing the ECU, Airbox and Dyno was my first mod but I wish I had done the quick shift and star before the dyno.
It would have been nice to see the shifts on a graph.
I have written a bit in the past here on the quick shift. A little search will lead you to it if you're keen..
Cheers and all the best mate.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,637 Posts
how did u modify ur exhaust?
There's a couple ways of modifying the baffle. The baffle is just a perforated tube with a closed end, with two walls on the outside and one wall on the inside of the pipe. The exhaust flows in through holes in the tip of the pipe, in the pipe, out between one of the outside walls, back in the pipe, back out the pipe, and out the exhaust. Some cut the tip off and bore out the inside wall so it's basically a straight through pipe. I just cut out the inside wall so it's not so loud. Kind of like the way the stock exhaust is debaffled

21 - 23 of 23 Posts