M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
what do u most prefer the raider or m109 because i own an m109 and thinking to get a raider but i am not sure this is a right step or now so what do u think ?
Take my comments with a grain of salt; I'm currently battling an intermittent ignition issue on my 9, so I'm a bit soured. But...

I had a Raider for 3 years, which is a long time for me. If I were to compare the Raider to the M109R, my thoughts would be that; They handle about the same. The Raider feels stronger right off the line, but I'm sure the 9 would quickly chase her down as the Raider redlines around 5,700 RPMs while the 9 continues to build hp. Build quality goes to the Raider. The chrome is thick, the transmission is buttery smooth, the hydraulic clutch is nice, as are the self-canceling turn signals and other little things like that. And the belt drive of the Raider vs the shaft drive of the 9 further contributes to a 'smooth' vs 'jerky' ride on the 9. But even though I customized her and made her pretty sweet looking, I always longed for the lines of the 9. Everyone says of the 9's look, "Some people hate it, a few love it." Well, I love it. Hopefully in the next two weeks, as I go through the entire wiring harness, I can find my issue and renew my love affair.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sure wish they made that pipe for the 9. I asked the company about making one and they said there isnt enough interest to cover the setup costs.
Yeah, and doesn't it seem strange? The 9 has been in production, virtually unchanged, from 2006 through present. You would think there are enough out there by now to show some real demand. Oh well... I'll paint my Cobra exhaust and put it on her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts