M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the drag-strip in Bithlo Florida on track night($10+5 to race)with my bro and his new toy (Camaro with a 468c.i.). Being 51 years old and never done any racing on any kind of track, decided to go for it, man what a hoot that was. Made three runs and if I hadn't had to ride 50 miles home I would of done some more. Being a NEWB, I thought I did alright with all three runs around 13 with 12.99 being the fastest, here is my last run when I tried to really step on it :eek:. Anyway, I highly suggest it for all you old timers out there who have never been!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Alright Mr. Badbill,

I was just at the tract tonight myself. I wasn't racing, I just went down there with some buds (riding buddies ;)) and went down to the pit area. Boy was that a blast. I'm thinking of running my bike down to a local performance shop we have here and let him work on my bike and maybe try running on the track sometime. I have never done that so I think I will try some lonely stretches somewhere where if I make some mistakes I at least wont be in front of a crowd. The owner of the performance shop was down there with a bud of his running something ( bike ) in the 5's and 6's. He's a friendly sort, I'll bet he will give me pointers on what to do. Anyway, it looks like a lota fun. I should try it.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Man if it wasn't for the rev limiter in first gear and that wheelie you could have tuned a 12.80 maybe. Looks fun man!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts