M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up with my buddy Dan today and went for a little ride. He has a Valkyrie and a VTX. We have been good friends for years but he didn't get into bikes till after I moved to TN. ::) He had bikes before we met but not while I lived here. This was his first ride with anyone since he got his bike. It was great to be the guy he rode first with. :doorag:

We took off about 8 am and headed to Palomar Mountain. We had a real spirited ride up hwy 67 when we ran into another VTX. This guy was going to make sure I didn't get past him no mater what. :evil: All I can say is I had fun and Dan got a kick out of it too. 8)

We stopped in Ramona and got a bite to eat and talked about old times and then headed to Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel, that's where I ran into two more good friends, Darrel and Tammie. It was Darrel's birthday and he just bought a new V-Strom and only had 400 miles on it. :doorag:

From there we headed up to Palomar Mountain. South grade and East grade are great roads and it is sport bike heaven. It's kind of like Deals Gap in San Diego. We hit it hard and I think everyone got a good laugh at me pushing the 109 through the twisties towing a trailer. :D

We stopped at a new out look they have that looks over Lake Hinshaw. :doorag:

Darrel and Tammie

Dan lost his bike.

From there we went to the top of the mountain. The bike did great and I was able to touch down on the pegs even with the air shocks pumped up and towing a 300 lb trailer. :evil: It must have been a site to see. :D

We stopped at this Mothers Kitchin where a lot of the sport bike guys hangout and checked out some cool bike and shot the bull for a while. :doorag:

From there Dan and I went to the Observatory and took a few pics. :bigthumbsup:

We then hooked back up with D&T and headed to the "Hideout". This is another cool little place where there are lots of bikes most of the time. It was a little slow today. This is where we split off from D&T and headed to Julian. :doorag:

We got to Julian and had some hot apple pie and ice cream and hung out there for a while and looked at bikes and talked to folks that were asking questions about the bikes. You I got to thinking how many people would come up to you and say "Hey, that your minivan?" "That's cool, where did you drive in from?" :joke: There's just something cool about being on a bike. :doorag: :super:

We finished off the day by taking the long way home throught the Cuyamaca mountains and then through Descanso and Dehesa. It was a great day with great friends on a great bike. Who could ask for more. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey lamonster great pics,my God man how many miles ya got on her now??? That is great having a scooter and trailer push the vtx thru the twisties lol,that fella must of thought you one unstable guy lol,thanks for the photos!!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
LaMont,it sure is fun following you around thru your pics.Thanks.Also,where did you get the trailer hitch?I'm gonna(if I can find a hitch)get a trailer soon.I found one for $325.Thanks again.

·
Registered
898 Posts
i was stationed in San D. I sure enjoyed riding there... been a long time since i have been there... nice pics thanks for sharing :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was stationed at MCAS Mirimar for a few years and we use to ride from Mirimar up to Julian every Sunday. That is an incredible ride. I can't remember the name of the place we used to stop at but it's right at the beginning of the strip, we used to get fresh baked calzone and a piece of fresh baked apple pie fresh out the oven. Awsome roads, great food, it just doesn't get any better than that.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Sounds like a really sweet ride. The pics are great and the scenery are breathtaking.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventures with the rest of us. :a18:
Especially those of us who can't have their own adventures at this time. ::)

·
Registered
106 Posts
it's great to hook up with old friends and ride! :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got to tell you I don't miss paying higher than normal prices for gas. ::) I pulled into one place and they only took atm cards or cash so I went across the street and they want a $0.45 service charge for using a card. :realmad: I wound up at another station and paid $3.45 a gal for mid grade. :verymad: Cost me over 16 bucks to fill my tank. :confused: We are still under 3 bucks in East TN.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tworangerted said:
LaMont,it sure is fun following you around thru your pics.Thanks.Also,where did you get the trailer hitch?I'm gonna(if I can find a hitch)get a trailer soon.I found one for $325.Thanks again.
That's a Bushtec hitch, my was the prototype but they may be ready to sell now.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
You staying gone ferever dude! Nothin like life on the road on two wheels. Ok, four wheels for you. Keep doin what your doin and have a great time. Keep the pics coming. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks bro. You really made my birthday. It was fantastic to see you again and really enjoyed the ride with you and Dan. Can't get much better than a ride on a beautiful day with friends and my best gal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts