M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why so many of us after some awesome mods still have those crappy original grips. On mine the end cap fell off on the throttle side after about a month of riding and I replaced them with some quality ones. Just wondering...Grips IMHO really add a nice look and feel to the 109.

Bob

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I agree with you there. I have a set of Kuryakyn's ready to go on.
I like the Kuryakyn's, but I have to say, I checked quite a few places, and there really isn't a big selection of grips out there.
Let me qualify that. There are zillions, but it seems most are solid chrome with no rubber grip, which isn't easy on the hands. I havn't actually seen a very large selection of grips that have a comfortable rubber grip that look good. I can't be far off, because of all the grips I see on our 109's, the same ones with rubber grips keep popping up.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
brbluetele said:
Just wondering why so many of us after some awesome mods still have those crappy original grips. On mine the end cap fell off on the throttle side after about a month of riding and I replaced them with some quality ones. Just wondering...Grips IMHO really add a nice look and feel to the 109.

Bob
I have the same grips and they do look and feel great. All you need now is the kewlmetal helmet locks and you can get rid of the stock one on the rear fender.

http://www.kewlmetal.com/Default.as...terCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=12&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
First off, if you are baggin on the grips, i would hang on cause you are livin in a glass house with those tassles... second, i like the original grips. Not quite as much as i like others, but they arent bad. Remember, i came off an sv, so its nice to actually have a nice sized grip in my hand vs a small one. Size does matter 8).

Just pullin your chain on the tassles, but to each their own man. Glad you like yours... but it could be that the rest of us like the stock ones just fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlkM109r said:
the stock ones are just fine and the aftermarket ones are kinda cheesy, harley looking.
Man, with all due respect, that's a stereotypical statement. Not looking for the HD look. Just looking to add some pizazz to my Zuk. I know what you mean though, but not the intention...I think we need something to make people say, "That's kinda cheesy, M109 looking." Know what I mean? Let's create our own icon. Maybe we can!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vtxoak said:
I have the same grips and they do look and feel great. All you need now is the kewlmetal helmet locks and you can get rid of the stock one on the rear fender.

http://www.kewlmetal.com/Default.as...terCategoryID=1&SubCategoryID=12&pagenumber=1
I know!! Problem is I have a Nolan helmet with that great chin strap lock that doesn'e have a ring. Love the helmet and the chin strap, but it can't be placed on your normal helmet lock. What do I do? I want that helmet lock bad!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have the ISO grips and love them got them from DLP  :bigthumbsup: got the throttle Boss and points,I had the Throttle Boss to high to start with but after riding and adjusting it! I love it I have it were it just touches the bottom of my hand,sometimes i forget it's even on there! I have the Breakaway but haven't had time to put it on,But I'm off for Seven days now so i should be able to get it on and the Bullet lights front and back and the tag plate then I will be Kick N Dudes  :D

I have put the Big Air on PClll , JSD, Block-off plates ,10 Plugs,and ISO Grips with all the trimmings and I love this Bike it is fun to Ride :D :D :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
Later Silentrider

And I bought it all from Direct Line Parts  :bigthumbsup: Still waiting to see what happens with the Exhaust,It just keeps getting better and better Love Lemonsters New Pipe :bigthumbsup:

And for the record I liked the Factory grips But I have X-Large Hands and the ISO grips which are a little Larger than stock Really make My hands feel better on Longer Rides :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ppridgen1 said:
can't bring myself to adding the tassles though ,way too," wanna be a harley guy" for me .plus they'll slow me down in the quarter
ppridgen1,

LMAO...Jury's still out on the tassles, hell my girlfreind doesn't even like 'em, but their there for a function. I'm a rather profuse prespirer and my fingers kept sliding off the clutch and brake. A riding buddy of mine (and yes he's an HD rider) suggested the lever trim for the added grip. I have gone through 3 different designs and lengths of fringe, but all in all my problem has been cured. Maybe there's something out there that would look better and serve the same purpose. Make some suggestions...I'm all ears.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
07black109 said:
First off, if you are baggin on the grips, i would hang on cause you are livin in a glass house with those tassles... second, i like the original grips. Not quite as much as i like others, but they arent bad. Remember, i came off an sv, so its nice to actually have a nice sized grip in my hand vs a small one. Size does matter 8).

Just pullin your chain on the tassles, but to each their own man. Glad you like yours... but it could be that the rest of us like the stock ones just fine.
Not baggin', man. But once you take the original ones off you see how cheap they are. Oh and loke I said to ppridgen1, jury's still out on the tassles. :dontknow:

·
Registered
642 Posts
[I have the same grips and they do look and feel great. All you need now is the kewlmetal helmet locks and you can get rid of the stock one on the rear fender.

/quote]

Those grip helmet locks look cool but man the helmets sit close to the tank. I would hate for someone to walk by and bump them and bam nice dent in the tank not to mention some wind kicking up and slapping both helments around while your inside somewhere then walk out and see the damage to the tank not good! JMHO!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nolans and Locks

I know!! Problem is I have a Nolan helmet with that great chin strap lock that doesn'e have a ring. Love the helmet and the chin strap, but it can't be placed on your normal helmet lock. What do I do? I want that helmet lock bad!!
Did you ever figure out how to lock your Nolan? When I go somewhere and know that I won't be bringing my helmet in with me, I have to wear my 1/2 helmet so I can lock it up... I'd hate to leave the Nolan sitting/hanging on my mirror or seat and lose it to a jerk...

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a cool idea instead of the fringe... it also will enhance your saftey while ridding. I fact in some states they are mandatory... they are called Gloves.:joke:

But seriously, I have the ISO Flame grips myself and I like them alot they were the first Mod I did. Your set up looks good. If you dig the fringe more power to ya man. It's your bike and it should look like you want it to. I have seen some amazing bikes on this forum and I have see one or two I wouldn't ride around the block unless it was straight to a painter. But that is the beauty of all the modding that goes on... individuality.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I bought the some grips off e-bay with m109 written on them thought the middle of grips were rubber but they were not they are all plastic look awesome.lots of compliments on them they look great,, not the most comfortable.wear gloves all the time so they don't bother me.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
:eek:ldpost:

I was going to ask him were he has been. I even thought he sold his 9. Then I saw the date. :eek:

·
Registered
860 Posts
A friend of mine gave me a pair of foam rubber sleeves that went over the stock grips. Made them a little bigger but better grip and softer and the throttle rocker still fits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts