M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great ride today with Tire Guy and his good friend Roy. We raced around north GA for 200 ~ 250 miles. Just enough to trash my rear tire, but that's another story. Here are a couple of pic's from today's ride.

We met up at a local Steak n Shake. Tire Guy standing on the right ... that's his bad 9 on the left with the big K&N Filters hanging out like mean ole snouts. His good friend Roy is on the left and that's Roy's red Ninja in the background.

Pulling into Helen, GA. Very nice fall color .... and traffic slowing things down. That's Tire Guy, blippin the throttle and poppin those straight Cobra's. Everybody noticed him as we eased through town.

Relaxin at TWO's motorcycle resort in N GA. Tire Guy on the left and Roy on the right.

Leaving TWO's and heading home for the day. Twas a good ride. Yessir!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rasputin said:
Just spotted your post..nice shots Jazz (man those autumn colours are beautiful)..you'll have to get yourself in the frame sometime! :bigthumbsup:
Heh heh. I just take em. I'm not in them. Consequently, I've never really been anywhere I've been. Got that!

It's better that way.

G

·
Gotta love those fall colors... We don't get any of that here in Florida... I guess that's the prize to pay in order to have great riding weather all year round... ;) :super: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sledzep01 said:
Tell us more about the tire.....

Sled

I knew I was getting near the end on this tire and took a good look at it before I took off to ride. It had tread on both sides and didn't really show that it was wearing more on one side than the other. I thought I could get another couple more rides out of it. Boy did I learn something about that.

Fifteen minutes before Tire Guy noticed the steel belts showing I had been doing an indicated 128mph on the speedo. I feel real lucky now and learned not to expect a tire that's close to it's end to go that extra thousand miles.

Jazzman

1 - 20 of 32 Posts