M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a thread on grass backrest and they look good. I see that there's studded and nonstuded and in the pictures theres square and half round and some have pockets who's got what and are they on a gel seat????

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have a plain one w/a gel seat

·
Registered
791 Posts
got the rounded plain with pocket and nope, no bending. Adds nice lower back support for me. Only thing I had to do was to pinch the recepticle a bit so it grabs the backrest tighter. I lub it tho ...especially for the $$

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you referring to the Grasshopper Unlimited site? I know that guy, and a number of riders on many types of bikes are happy with their backrests. I don't have one, but I don't use backrests on my bike.

·
Registered
940 Posts
They are good quality for the price.

The pocket is just right for the bill of a cap and it won't blow out.

It will certainly save your back on a long ride.

Very easy install. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Works well

I have the first. Actually my bike was used on for the model. I'm a bigger guy and if you press hard on it after awhile it will bend a little but easy to bend it back. Super comfortable. Won't find another this good for the price.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I "had" one. I am 6'4" and it didn't do much for me. I think it really takes away from the lines of the bike. It is great quality and a great price. It was a great place to put my helmet thou when it was parked.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I have one that I covered in Alligator to match my seat. Very comfortable for longer rides. I started to get too dependant on it, so now if I am riding less than 2 hours, I leave it at home. Best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I just got mine, it don't have rine stones or studs. It's plan and for my gel seat. I thought about the pocket, but figured it will only hold a c/card + lic and they fit in my pocket fine, and was afraid after awhile it would get all streached out. Can't wait to try it buy that won't be till JUNE, based on our winter so far! There has been mods for them latey, one where it mounts to the driver seat so it comes off with the seat. And another so while parked, it can't be pulled off by some A/hole!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a plain one w/a gel seat
So is this easily removable or requires removing bracket & screws to take it off? Their instructions talk about two rubber washers on drivers seat, is that the two large rubber stopper things on bottom they are talking about?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
So is this easily removable or requires removing bracket & screws to take it off? Their instructions talk about two rubber washers on drivers seat, is that the two large rubber stopper things on bottom they are talking about?
Been too long to remember about the washers. It's easy to mount. The bracket goes unter the seat latch mechanism. Then the back rest slides in it. So it's easily removeable.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks B, best place to buy directly from Grasshopper website??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Got one for the 9 and another for the nomad. Good price and good quality. I didn't want to spend lots of $$$ since I had to buy two. Buying directly is what I did, they are pretty easy to work.
I got one with a pocket for the 9. It helps carrying small items. The only issue is when you want to switch from the cowl to the rear seat, you'll need to remove and reinstall the bracket as well. Also make sure to protect the rear cowl from the bracket. It will touch and scratches are possible. I wrapped mine with a tape and it seems to be fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a plain one on a full cut gel seat. Very ugly, but very functional.
I'm 6' 225# and no issue with it bending. The bracket is pretty beefy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts