M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got mine in the mail, went around the block and its great, although I am 6'2 and think I will need some risers since my back only touches it during acceleration.

To the riders who have it installed, I have a stock seat and there is a large gap on one side of my seat. Only one side locks down, I took the bracket off and reinstalled it.

For the money I would say A+++ I can't wait to use it this coming week, got about 900 miles planned :)

I am tinkering with it in the garage tonight while installing some LEDs, if i find a fix I'll definitely post up. I am a huge perfectionist, so a little gap bugs me. I will find a way, ha-ha but for the money it's definitely a good deal.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I installed mine. The only small gap is the one right between the seat and cowl. Mine locks down on both sides (I have stock seat). No problems here.

Hope it works out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put some washers on the seat trying to bring the seat connectors down, it locks down on both sides now, this is the best I could do.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I have the Custom World backrest, but it mounts the same way and leaves a gap too. I fixed the gap with a piece of foam, similar to what you get to wrap water pipes with. What I used actually came off the handle of an old leaf rake, same thing but a little thinner. I just cut it to length, angled the ends, and stuffed it in the gap. It stays in there and makes it look a little more finished.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Idea, thanks Zoom.

Anyone else who has the Grasshopper backrest have the same gap? smaller?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jon,

I put mine on Friday and there was a gap between the seat and cowl. I have the Standard cut Gel seat. May have to do the Zoom mod on it. I'm not crazy about that gap either. Will need to see what it look like with the passenger seat.

I rode 200 miles to Oklahoma on Saturday to drop my bike off and the backrest was great. Noticed it more when riding with one hand. :bigthumbsup:

Take care...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts